Sunday, February 03, 2008

Blizzard...Seriously

We had tons of snow in January and February is proving to be CRAZY as well. I woke up at 6am today (because I have early meetings, not because I'm crazy) and I couldn't believe how hard it was snowing and blowing. It totally reminded me of Southeastern Idaho winters when I was just a wee lad. Our neighboring Stake, which is only like 2 blocks from here, cancelled all their church meetings. Not our Stake, we are hardcore church goers and I'm happy about that!! It was quite the adventure and as Sam says "It's just something to shake up the day."

I couldn't believe the drifting in my back yard. I have 3 flower pots on my back patio and one of them was totally buried in the snow. At about 7am I opened my back door to take a picture and got SLAMMED in the face with the wind and snow. I laughed because I was such a dork for thinking that WOULDN'T happen! Anyway, you can barely see one side of the top rim of the flower pot in this picture. I'm guessing the drift was about 2 1/2 feet. Sam concurs.


Carson and Parker were kept entertained all morning with examinations of the snowflakes under a magnifying glass. Carson was really into it because, as he'll tell you, he wants to be a scientist when he grows up.


Sam had already shoveled the driveway once before we went to church. When he got home, here is how much snow had fallen while we were gone those few hours:


Just for fun, Sam buried Carson in the snow so all you could see was his face. Carson was a better sport than I would have been!



After Carson broke out of his snow prison, Sam told him it looked like he was emerging from his Rocket Ship. Parker heard that and for the next half hour all he did was sit in the "rocket ship". Carson and Sam came inside and Parker just sat on that pile of snow like he was king of the world. I kept saying "Parker, do you want to come inside and have hot chocolate?" He would shake his head "no" and say in a serious tone "no, I'm sitting in my rocket ship" I kept laughing because every car that drove by would wave at him and he would just stare off into the distance. One day I will totally understand Parker's thought process but for now I'm determined to keep laughing!

11 comments:

Jess said...

Haha.. Kids rock. We have had a huge storm here in Logan too. It's crazy! Can't wait for the days that my kids sit in their rocket ships out in the cold..

The Airharts said...

Fun post! I love the pic where all you can see is his head!

Anonymous said...

Did Carson notice that every snowflake was different?
Susan

Natalie said...

You know, Sam was a unique kid too. Your boys must get it from their daddy. I'm totally jealous of the snow. It makes winter so much more bearable. Have fun shoveling (Sam better be doing all the shoveling!! You've got a baby to grow).

Thomas said...

Parker in this picture looks way more like a Clark than a Sweet. Cute kid.

Jess said...

hey carrie, tell sam that the picture on my blog isn't bubble gum. it's frosting from our gingerbread house that we made while we were engaged, so that makes it a little better..

Amy said...

Gotta love the snow!!! I am ready for spring!

Amelia said...

We gave FOUR freakin feet in our parking lot...and the snow plow guy's plow broke... oh my gosh. the snow was up my car door handles! I love living in the freaking MOUNTAINS here in logan... but don't worry when i was walking home from class at 11am it was only -3! FAAAAHHHHH REAL!

Anonymous said...

that was an awesome blog!!i love the picts of the boys- reminded me of aaron and mels snow igloo in my front flower bed- and carson was afraid to go in it! ha -good times!

Delene said...

I love that close up of Carson in the snow! Looks nearly professional! You need to blow that one up and frame it.

Anonymous said...

We had snow in Saint George for my birthday!!! It was all melted by the next day but it was real snow! Why don't ya'll just come on down and join us in the sunshine here ;) - LotsaLuv, Shauna