Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Stupidity Is Paying Off

So I had an epiphany the other day. I have been working from home part-time for over two years now. Every time we have a company holiday I've put "zero" hours on my time card for that day because I didn't think part-timers got holiday pay.

As it turns out, I read the company policy on holiday pay and part-time employees DO get holiday pay! I talked to a guy in my HR department just to clarify that going forward I can put my normal hours on my time card for holidays and guess what he told me? He said that he would go back through my part-time time cards and pay me for the holidays I've missed in a lump sum on my next paycheck!

Unless I'm dreaming, that is over 22 holidays that I'm going to get paid for in a few weeks. It's really good timing too because part-time employees don't get maternity leave (I did read the policy on that one already!).

On another note:
I had my ultrasound yesterday and apparently, a normal woman has about 10 cm of amniotic fluid at 35 weeks of pregnancy. Guess how much I have? Well, because I try to do everything to the extreme, I have over 31 cm of amniotic fluid. There could be lots of causes or complications but the ultrasound tech didn't seem too nervous. He gave his report to my OB and since she didn't call me today freaking out I'm just going to assume that little baby sweet loves to go pee pee. So, if anybody wants to, feel free to donate some diapers to the cause once he arrives! I'm still set to be induced on March 9th so I only have 3 1/2 more weeks to go!!! Yay for me! These last few weeks have been pretty tough so I'm seriously counting the days now.

And another note:
We had a nice whiteout blizzard here today. It started at around 1:30pm and it's still snowing now. Sam caught a bus downtown at 4:45pm and he got home at 7:45pm. I went and picked him up at the bus stop and when we got home we almost got stuck in our driveway. Crazy snow.

And just because I don't have any fun pictures to post, here is a doozy from August of 2005. I don't know if we were forcing Parker to eat something gross or what, but gagging children are just plain FUNNY!


And just because I'm ready for some warmer weather, here is Carson, also August of 2005, swimming in Lake Sammamish in Washington. My kids don't lack in the personality department, that's for sure!


Okay, here is a cute one I just found of Parker. September 2005.

6 comments:

Eden said...

For as much as I used to complain about Beneficial's HR department, occasionally they actually do come through.

A few years ago I was cleaning out my files and I found a four year-old incentive comp check that I'd never cashed (I was so used to direct deposit that I never took it to the bank).

It was WAAYYY too old to cash, but I called Beneficial and some HR dude I'd never known arranged to get me a new check.

So, anyway, congrats on the holiday pay!

Anonymous said...

One word...42" PLASMA (yes, that's one word to me these days). I think Parker was having a cry/cough attack and we snapped the shot. I must note that the snow was still falling when I left for work this morning at 6:40. We should scoop some into the empty water containers in our food storage room.

Natalie said...

So, why doesn't Sam have a rental car if he got hit by another person? That sucks.

Well, since your amniotic fluid is so high, maybe that expains how you lost like 30 pounds in water weight after you had Carson. Your baby has a nice little swimming pool in there.

DJ and Gin Family said...

Sam wants a TV, but I'll bet that he has forgotten how much diapers and formula cost. Beneficial should just pay you with a Walmart giftcard. (Morgan Stanley employees all chipped in and got us one when Ginny was born... best gift we got)!!
About the snow, on the way to take Taylor to school, Ginny was whining that she wants her hotel. (That means California for her).
I'm ready for Spring!

Anonymous said...

Yea! Where the crap is my rental car?! I'm calling that Steve guy at her insurance company tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

ilove these pictures!! good times!!