Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nalani's Yummy Chicken Recipe

Once upon a time Nalani made dinner for our extended family and it was amazing! I quickly obtained the recipe from her, but never made the dinner for my family until last week. My taste buds were not disappointed and neither were Parker's. Parker threw a huge tantrum at the table because the dinner was "gross" and he "hated it" and he "didn't want it". Now, at this point he hadn't even tasted his dinner yet so you can imagine my annoyance. We finally convinced him to take one bite. He literally went from whining and crying as the food went into his mouth, to the happiest angelic child on the face of the planet as he said "Oh, I LIKE this dinner!" If I ever survive Parker's childhood with my sanity intact it will be a miracle.



Here is the recipe:
4-5 chicken breasts pounded fairly flat (I used chicken tenders)
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 cube butter (I didn't say this was a low-fat recipe!)
1/2 cup white cooking wine or apple juice
1 pkg. dry italian dressing mix
1 container onion & chive cream cheese
Angel Hair Pasta or Fettuccini noodles (I prefer the thicker fettuccini)

Place flattened chicken in the bottom of a 9 X 13 baking dish. In saucepan melt everything else (besides noodles) together and blend until smooth--don't boil. Pour over uncooked chicken. Bake at 325 degrees for one hour. Serve over cooked pasta.

Seriously, it's good the day you make it and it's good as leftovers too! Yummy!!

3 comments:

Carl and Pat said...

I'll ditto Carrie on how delicious this recipe is. Carl added some capers when we made it last, and that was really tasty. We also made it for a dinner group about a month ago and got rave reviews!

laura said...

is parker a picky eater? miss NEVER eats anything i make for dinner!

Amy said...

I will have to try this one out. I love new recipes! It sounds easy and great!