Monday, February 18, 2008

Snow Pictures From Last Week & A Sunday Surprise

Last week we had quite the snow storm and I haven't gotten around to posting pictures so here are a few nice ones:

This is the walkway heading to our front door. Insane in the membrane, insane in the brain! (I used to love that song!)


I love this picture. Check out the snow hanging from the roof! When it fell, my house rumbled! Plus, since we're ghetto and still have our Christmas lights on our house, it pulled some of the lights off their clips. So now, we are redneck ghetto trash with our lights hanging down. Sweet!


Sunday was quite the eventful day for us, thank goodness for my parents because besides church, we had meetings at 2:00, 3:00, 5:00, and 7:00 so they had my kids pretty much all day! Phew!

First of all, here is a cute picture of Sam on Sunday morning, teaching Carson how to tie his shoes.


Sunday at 3pm Sam and I were called into the Stake offices. Always a scary experience! Last Sunday at Stake Conference our Stake President told us the ward boundaries were being revamped and every ward in the Stake is going to be affected. So we didn't know what to expect at 3:00. It was quite the interview process with our Stake President, but at the end of the interview he asked Sam to be the 2nd counselor in the bishopric of our ward. I'm really excited for Sam because I think he is going to love this calling, but if I'm being honest, I'll admit...I'm soooo nervous about sitting by myelf in Sacrament meeting with my 2 boys and newborn baby. I'm sure a lot of you think I'm retarded, but that really is my biggest concern. I'm totally supportive of Sam being gone most Sunday's and several nights a week because he has supported me doing the very same thing this past 1 1/2 years as I served as Relief Society president. It's just that dang 1 hour and 10 minutes on Sunday that makes me nervous. So, if any of you reading this are in my ward, take pity on me when I look like I'm about to cry! :)

The great thing about Sam's new calling, is the 1st counselor happens to be one of Sam's best buddies in the ward, Davis Strong. You should have seen the smile that lit up Sam's face when he learned of this! Our new Bishop seems really awesome too, he was in a different ward before the boundary shifts, but we're so excited to get to know him. Also, remember my blog about the fireman hockey game we went to? Well, that is Chad Burnside and he is the executive secretary so that's going to be great too! Changes are good, I just keep reminding myself of that all the time.

I also need to thank my bishopric that was just released! Ryan Patterson, Paul Kocherhans, and Scott Festin: you guys rock and you did such a GREAT job!!! It's going to be so weird not having you up on the stand but I'm sure you are pretty excited about the idea of sitting with your families on Sunday! You have such supportive wives and I'm hoping to use them as my example over these next few years. Thanks for being so much fun to serve with, and Bishop, thanks for always letting me raid your "snack drawer" when I felt like I was going to pass out from lack of food since I've been pregnant! We love you guys!!

On that note, 3 weeks from yesterday is my induction day with the pregnancy. The end is in sight! Yipeeee!!!!!

9 comments:

DJ and Gin Family said...

Sam is growing up! What a big boy!
Seriously though, that is pretty cool. I guess that is what happens when you faithfully attend church. I figure if I skip every now and then, they won't give me any scary callings! Congrats Sam!
Carrie, maybe my Mom has some good advice about the sacrament thing... she somehow managed with 7 for many years! Crazy, I don't know how she did!

laura said...

we're super excited about sam being in the bishopric! and like i told holly, you can always send a kid our way in sacrament meeting!

Natalie said...

Just teach Sam to give really mean looks to the boys if they're acting up. Sit on the 1st or 2nd row like we always did. If the boys are really REALLY bad, then have Sam do the old hand movement across his neck like, "I'm going to cut off your head." Then, maybe he'll be released because he scares everyone.

No, seriously, that's cool and not at all surprising. Sam will be great in that calling, but I won't say congratulations, because it's not like a promotion or anything. In fact, in some ways it probably will suck. But, the nice thing about that is, the greater the sacrifice, the greater the blessings. That's for real!

Amy said...

I am so excited first that you guys are in the ward still! I was so worried that the ward boundaries would cut off at ticklegrass. Second Sam will be great in the Bishopric. Not a surprise at all! I am sure you will be just fine with your boys i sacrament meeting. I am always in awe at how reverent they are during sacrament meeting. You Sweets are awesome!!

Unknown said...

Jarom and I were also excited to hear about Sam's new calling! He'll be great! And, you're so not retarded for being nervous about sacrament meeting! Jarom or I - or both of us - are always out in the hall with at least one of our kids, so if you need us to take one of yours out too, the more the merrier!

Eden said...

Oh my gosh--you're not still the RS president with Sam in the bishopric are you? That would be--insane, just insane.

We have a new bishop, too. I just love him! It's a little strange, though, because I went to high school with him. And I really feel bad for his wife. She's in the same boat as you, two little kids and a third, brand new baby. In fact, they went to the hospital like THE DAY SHE HAD THE BABY to call her husband to be bishop. She just burst into tears--but then apologized and said it'd been a really long day (uh, yeah. Seven hours earlier she’d squeezed a small person out of her nether-regions.)!

Anyway, congrats to Sam. That’s awesome.

The Webbers said...

Congrats on The new calling. We are really excited for you guys, and of course we miss our old ward so bad!!!!!

Holly Strong said...

If you're retarded, I'm retarded, since that hour and 10 minutes scares the CRUD out of me too! I'm sure there will be plenty of tears on my end too. I just keep taking big deep breaths and hoping for the blessings Tammy so fondly refers too. LOL We can do this!!!

Organized Chaos said...

Hello

I used to live in the ward and I was reading Cathy's food blog and saw a name I recognized then I got on your blog and saw a street I recognized even through the snow. How fun it was to hear all of the new dealings in the ward.

Jessica DeKock