Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ding Dong One Fish Is Dead

If you remember, after my nephew Aaron got married last August, Fern gave us 2 goldfish, which were part of the wedding decorations. Carson loved "no name" and "grandma" and excitedly had to show all his friends who came over to the house his awesome fish. I, on the other hand, would wake up every day with a little glimmer of hope in my heart, that one would be belly-up. Yes, I'm a mean mother, get over it.

Well, Sunday night after Shandy's birthday dinner, I found "no name" like this: (not for the fish-lover or faint of heart)


So long "no name" may you rest in peace in the bowels of my toilet.

The next morning Carson said "Hey, where is no name???" and I had to tell him what happened. For a second he looked like he was going to cry and then he got a funny boy-smile and said "ha ha, he went to the sewer!" And that was the end of that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

People should know that the fish was alive, but paralyzed. He couldn't move his body, just one of his fins and his mouth/gills. Flushing him was the only humane thing to do. I thought about the disposal for half a second....

Anonymous said...

Am I to assume Grandma is still alive..I have a vested interest you know. (Pat)

Anonymous said...

i wonder if he had a name lie..... fernie, he would have lived a long and happy life.....

Amy said...

I sure wish our fish would die!

Susan said...

Time to get a new one?