Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cindy's 50th Birthday Bash

Cindy, my sister-in-law, turned 50 this week so Fern put together a sweet (punny) party for her. Check out the spread of food! I think Fern was cooking/baking/preparing for at least a week. Amazing!!!




Fern always has great last-minute brainstorms and she came up with a doozy for Cindy. Around her living room she did a timeline of Cindy's life. She had pictures all over from various phases of Cindy's 50 years. Then she had a sheet of paper by those pictures for every year that Cindy has been alive and there were facts about Cindy during that year as well as facts about what was going on in the world during that time. It was awesome because it gave all the party go-ers something to look at and laugh at because we found some awesome pictures of Cindy!


Here are few pictures I donated to the cause:


Sorry Fern, I couldn't resist adding this picture. Don't be hatin'


I still hadn't met all of Sam's family when he proposed to me. So there was a big Sweet party at Antelope Island one day and we figured that would be a good thing to attend because then I could meet everyone. Sam was carefully describing all his family members to me to ease my nerves and he described Cindy like this: Carrie, you are really going to like Cindy because she's just like you--loud, bossy, and she enjoys telling people what they need to do! I'm sure Sam meant that in the nicest way of course!!! He was absolutely correct, from the moment I met Cindy she was my buddy and yes, she likes to tell people what they should do and that's just fine by me...it saves me from having to do it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have the same look on my face right now as i do in the picture ha ha - thanks for the reminder of how great i look when i am camping!! :-) great blog!! cindy is the best