Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Open House for Amy Curtis

Amy Curtis, who is one of my long-time friends from my ward, is moving to the Boston area to obtain her Masters Degree. While I am really excited for this new "chapter" of her life, I'll miss her and it's going to be so weird without her in the neighborhood!

Amy and Cathy put together an amazing menu of Mediterranean food and Cathy hosted an Open House in Amy's honor. The open house had the perfect blend of good friends, good food, and good conversation! My only regret was that I was only there for 3 hours. :) Here are some of my favorite pictures that Sam captured that night:


This is Lisa, Jason, and Jaden Kros. Lisa and I served with Amy in the Relief Society presidency in 2005 and 2006. They have since moved to Morgan and it was a blast getting caught up with them and just laughing about life in general!


This picture makes me laugh because it's me, talking to Ryan Patterson, who is my Bishop. I can't remember what we were talking about, but it looks like I'm giving him a piece of my mind! Bishop, sometimes you just have to tell me to "chill out!"


It's a real shame this picture is blurry. As a going away gift, Ed (Cathy's husband) gave Amy a flask. Cathy, maybe you can comment as to his explanation because I missed it! Anyway, here is Amy trying it out. She was a very good sport....I don't know, maybe she secretly was hoping for one because its contents may keep her warm in those Boston winters!


It was so thoughtful of Cathy to hold the open house on a night when the Utah Jazz were playing....I think this crew temporarily forgot why they were there that night (**hint-you are there to spend as much time as possible with Amy and to give her your best wishes).


The night was great and I'm hoping Cathy puts something on her blog about it...at least she could list the menu and describe the food because it was definitely not your "normal" party food. We were laughing later that night because if I tried to put on an Open House for a friend I'd probably have something like corn dogs and chips. Seriously. Oh yeah, and maybe Mountain Dew!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the flask had something to do with Amy seeming like "a drunk on the go" :) Oh yea, and the room with the T.V. was the waiting room to talk to Amy. We wouldn't have needed a waiting room if Amy wasn't so lickable.

Anonymous said...

Likable...

Anonymous said...

Oooooo, you had me worried for a moment there

Jill said...

Carrie,

I just have to tell you that I love reading your blog. How do you do your own blog? Is it hard?