Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas!!

I guess I better do a posting about Christmas before we hit 2008...

I had a wonderful Christmas this year! All the stress and preparations were worth it because everything occurred just as it was supposed to. PHEW!

We had a yummy Christmas Eve dinner at my parents house: home-made pizza and crepes. Divine! Carson was really diggin' the pizza making. He chose what we put on the pizzas and I think he was pretty shocked that people listened to him. Merry Christmas Carson, don't get used to people listening to you! ha ha ha. Here he is pulling the pizza out of the oven with my mom.


And here he is standing by his favorite kind of pizza....cheese! Truth be told, it's my favorite pizza as well. That's my boy!!


Sam had a great idea to keep Christ in Christmas. He found a quiz on the internet, or "interweb" as he calls it, and it's all about Christ's life and ministry. Carson and my mom were a team, and that left Dad and myself (and Parker) as a team. Sam would ask a question, if you could answer the question, you got to draw a Candy Land card and take a turn and move your little gingerbread man. I must say, I had no idea that Carson knew so much about Christ. I figured he'd know the basics, but he was really insightful with some of his answers. Way to go Primary Teachers! hee hee.


Every year we do a "left-right gift exchange" on Christmas Eve. A paragraph is written about each person in attendance and we use the words "left" and "right" as much as possible. Everybody has a gift and when you hear "left" or "right" you pass your gift that direction. It is always a good time. After the left-right game, Carson and Parker opened up their Christmas Eve presents, which are, of course, pajamas. Here they are with their pajamas and their left-right presents they received (and yes, I got the wrong sizes for them. They are HUGE. Better than being small I say!)


Christmas morning was a blast. My parents and Fern, Russ, and Mel came over at 7:30 to watch us open gifts. It made Christmas morning perfect! I think I'll invite Russ every year because as the kids opened gifts, he was the one who took the toys out of the package (you know those lame metal twist ties that hold everything in? I hate those things and he patiently removed each and every one!) and he also helped put batteries in toys and assemble them. Soooo nice! One of the freakiest things Carson got was a robotic dinosaur. It has a "roam" setting and the little monster wanders around the house and moves like a real dinosaur (like I've ever actually SEEN a dinosaur, get off my back, I've seen 'Jurassic Park'!). It even pounces and attacks your feet if you are sitting by it. Really cool, yet really disturbing. Here are some random shots of Christmas morning:





After we were done at my house, we went to my parents house for a divine breakfast of egg casserole, bacon, hash browns, toast....all the fixin's. Then we watched them open their gifts and we exchanged gifts with each other. My parents gave Sam the biggest remote control Hummer I have ever seen. I think he was a little excited, what do you think? No matter how old boys get, they still need to get toys for Christmas!


Sam and I got the boys some clothes for Christmas, but we decided not to wrap the clothes because we were tired and they wouldn't care (remember on "The Christmas Story" when the boys opened socks on Christmas morning? They looked at each other, shrugged, and tossed them over their shoulder). So here are matching shirts we got Carson and Parker, they wore them yesterday. Parker doesn't look too thrilled, it's like he KNOWS we are laughing at his expense!


My parents gave Carson this piano mat that you walk on and it plays the notes. The kids played with it all morning today...that is, until Parker got plum tuckered!


Merry Christmas 2007 ya'll!

3 comments:

laura said...

we also play the left-right game at christmas and i love it! side note: i noticed you've posted at 10:46 pm! what kind of pregnant woman is up so late!! if i was up past 9:00 i was CRAZY tired!

Amy said...

The holidays are so busy. It looks like you guys had a good Christmas.

Susan said...

Looks like a fun time!