Thursday, December 13, 2007

Happy Birthday...To Me!

Today is my birthday, shout hooray! It's my birthday, do what I wanna!

I have had a very nice 33rd birthday. It started with me waking up to this:


Sam had wrapped some presents for me and displayed them on the kitchen counter with 2 dozen long stemmed roses in the middle! What an awesome husband I have!

At around 2:30 this afternoon I heard the garage door go up. I looked outside and Sam was pulling into the driveway! He took off early so he could come home and hang out with his family. Honestly, that was the best present I could ever ask for! We have been so busy lately we hardly have any time to just hang out around the house. I loved it.

Tonight I opened my fun gifts and here I am displaying them all at the same time. :)


I am pretty dang excited about the Sorel boots. I haven't had snow boots since...probably High School! The past few years when I've shoveled the driveway I've had to wear Sam's boots and they are about 6 sizes too big!

Check out the Willow Tree "creche" Sam gave me as well:


Two years ago Sam gave me the rest of the Willow Tree nativity and it's by FAR my favorite Christmas decoration. I want to just leave it up year round!

Thanks for all the phone calls, emails, text messages, and visits from everybody today. It's been a fabulous birthday!!!

9 comments:

mindy said...

Happy Birthday. So glad to hear that you had a nice one. I am really impressed that you were able to wait all day to open your presents. What will power you have.

Sarah said...

Good job, Sam. I think it is very romantic that you gave Carrie new boots to shovel snow in.
Actualy, I love that Nativity set too. Please e-mail my husband the hint.

Anonymous said...

you are such an awesome person- you deserve to have a wonderful day! thank you for bringing so much joy and love into our lives, we love you! -fern and family

Rose said...

33! Wow, you're so young! I believe that was the age I was in my best shape ever, after I had the twins. I love your Nativity! It has been on my wish list for a couple years. Happy be-lated b-day!

Eden said...

Many happy returns!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Carrie! I like your boots. It's about time you decided you live in Utah. Here I am in Oregon, and I wish my guts out that I can wear snow gear. But alas, it hardly snows here.

Susan said...

Yeh, you have some winterwear. Now you just need the coat. Happy Birthday! Glad it was so much fun!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Carrie! Sam sure knows how to make you happy. December Birthdays are the best aren't they!

Darren Clark said...

uhh, yeah. Happy birthday yesterday. It's been pretty busy around here, so sorry about the delay.