Sunday, December 02, 2007

Just For Fun

Here's some fun stuff we've been up to lately.

I just think this is funny. My niece Melissa borrowed a DVD from us the other day when we weren't home. I saw this thank you "note" when I got home later that night. Kids, you can never have enough toothpicks. Their uses are ENDLESS...just like Q-tips and tweezers!


On a totally unrelated story...
We had quite the snowstorm here on Saturday. I must say, I have a VERY understanding husband because earlier in the week I said to him "I don't care what the weather is like on Saturday morning, we are hanging our outside Christmas lights up!" So, true to my word we all bundled up against the storm and hung lights. Something dumb about me: I don't own any winter outdoor clothing. So, I had my Nike shoes, a regular sweatshirt and leather gloves on instead of a nice coat, boots, and real gloves! I was frozen solid but wouldn't admit defeat because I really wanted our lights up! Mission accomplished, and our lights look great! Maybe I'll take a picture one of these days... But, here is a nice shot of Sam doing a snow angel while Parker looked on. Parker wouldn't even attempt it, probably because he didn't want to get snow all over him. He is definitely MY child!


Saturday night we went to a party that is hosted every year by some friends of ours (who are sisters) when we lived in downtown Salt Lake. This year was the 5th annual party and it had a Hawaiian theme. Here is a great shot of Ingrid and Cat. Ingrid is 8 months pregnant and looks great, and Cat is just crazy with her coconuts!


Here is Martin, Ingrid's husband, and Sam. Martin is from England so he and Sam are always talking British lingo since Sam served his mission in England. Do you like Martin's lei?


We had a limbo contest....well, being pregnant combined with a bad back isn't exactly a recipe for success in the limbo department, but it was fun anyway. Check out Sam! He was better than over half the people at the party at the limbo!


And here are some amazing shots that just make my back hurt!



We also had tons of grubbin' food and a fun gift exchange. Every year we've done a white elephant gift exchange but this year we had to get "real" gifts. It was fun, but I'd rather have a trashy white elephant gift exchange any day! I love to see how creative people can be.

Tonight we went to Nalani's house. Her mom (My Aunt Sharon) has been in town this week from Seattle. She's been helping Nalani unpack and put her house together. We scored because Sharon made a delicious Chili dinner with amazing homemade Cinnamon Rolls for dessert and we got to partake! Oh yeah, I now know that Parker dislikes Chili, just in case anybody wondered...

I know this picture is a little fuzzy, but here is a cute shot of Nalani playing games with my boys. Do you like the couches in the background? They are really nice and comfy and Nalani has to convince her husband of that because they had picked out a set of black leather couches...then Jed went out of town for a week....then Nalani and Sharon found these and bought them instead. Oh boy, I'll bet there are some serious discussions when Jed comes home on Tuesday. Good luck with that one Nalani, I'll say a little prayer for you! :)

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I needed you at my house on Saturday. Neal has been sneaking into work on Saturdays, so I told him that no matter what, he wouldn't go to work this past Saturday and we would get our lights and tree up. Well, we got the tree up. But it was so freaking cold and was raining side-ways, Neal said "heck no" on the lights. So, I told him I'd just do it during the week so he would feel bad.

Sarah said...

You and Sam are such party animals! I love hearing about your get-togethers.
Nice couches Nalani..definitely worth risking divorce over...NOT! I hope Jed bargains for a new snow machine...

Anonymous said...

Sam is pretty impressive in this blog update...what with the snow angels, limbo and all. Two talents I didn't know he had.
Susan

Amy said...

Man you guys are doing things all of the time! If I had a more interesting life I might be able to post more often. I love the photo of Sam doing a snowangel and to tell you the truth I am not surprised that Parker wouldn't do one. He is so funny.

Anonymous said...

I was just going to tell you that your lights look great. Our kids are laying the guilt on thick since we haven't really hung Christmas lights, and we usually wait until mid-December to put up a tree. You're putting us to shame!