Saturday, December 08, 2007

The Christmas Season Has Arrived!

As most of you would agree, I'm sure, the month of December is CRAZY with all the happenings. I wouldn't have it any other way, I just love it! I love making lists of all the things I need to accomplish and I LOVE crossing things off my list when I have finished my tasks. Yes, I'm a nerd and I have no problem with that!

Here's what we've been up to:

We decorated our house. That is a major item I crossed off my "to do" list. Here are the boys helping me decorate the tree. Yes, Sam does have an ornament hanging from his nose, to him, that is very normal... (sorry it's sideways!)


Here are Parker and Carson laying down by the tree, enjoying the atmosphere. Yes, Carson does have a ball in his mouth, to him, that is very normal...


Another thing I like to do during the Christmas season is make lots of treats. Here are a few things I've done:

My mom helped with this one: White Chocolate Popcorn...oh man, it's really good!



Mom helped me with this one too, Toffee. I could probably eat the whole pan by myself because it's just that dreamy. However, going to the doctor every month and having to stand on a scale convinced me otherwise!


I also made nougat and caramel, but (GASP) I didn't take pictures of that! :)

Last night we had our ward Christmas party. It was fun: great food, great company, and great activities. Each family received a graham cracker gingerbread house and we got to decorate it. For some reason, Sam got one of his very own so he had fun being creative with it.


I'm speechless..


It's not Christmas without some of the white stuff. Holy cow, we received a huge storm last night. It started snowing at about 7pm, Friday night and when I woke up today at 7:30am it was still snowing. My poor trees and bushes were looking pretty burdened! Sam was shaking the branches for me because I was worried they were going to break and a huge amount of snow fell right on top of him! I think he liked it!




Later today, after it stopped snowing so much, Sam and the boys made a snowman. I asked Carson what he was doing in this picture. He said "I was sleeping on the snowman's shoulder!"


Sam took these pictures and I absolutely LOVE them! Where there is water, there are my boys. Thank goodness for my clothes dryer!




Next on my "to do" list: Christmas cards, my company Christmas party, I get to celebrate my 33rd birthday (scary), some final shopping, and the Sweet Christmas party. I'm super excited about all of it!

Let's see what everybody else has been doing this month, consider yourself TAGGED!

11 comments:

Susan said...

On the radio they kept saying we were in a winter storm watch and it sounded like I should wake up to a big snowfall but we only got a little skiff. If it's going to snow I would rather see what you guys did. I'm a little jealous but it looks like it was fun.

Jess said...

I am also jealous of your snow. Living in Logan, I would think that we'd have more snow than you, but no. It's just a ton colder. Luckies!

Susan said...

You seem to have a lot more energy at Christmas time with this pregnancy than you did when you were pregnant with Parker. Does that mean you feel better this pregnancy?

Amy said...

Man Carrie! You sure have been busy. how about spreading some of that Christmas Cheer! :)

Eden said...

I miss your nougat.

That is not meant to be a dirty statement.

Rose said...

That popcorn sounds awesome! How do you make it?

Carrie said...

Oh yeah, I have more energy because I'm further along in my pregnancy. With Parker, Christmas was during my first trimester AND I got the flu. It was not a happy time!
Eden: are you coming to Utah any time this month? If you are I will TOTALLY make nougat, just for you!!!
Rose: pop popcorn, pour melted white chocolate over it until the popcorn is all coated. Then add as many mini marshmallows, Christmas M&M's, and peanuts as you like and *voila* you are done. :)

Anonymous said...

We got a little treat plate late last night, and the nougat is already gone. It made a delicious dessert to my morning oatmeal. That is possibly the most addictive candy I've eaten. Oh well, 'tis the season.

Anonymous said...

Carrie keeps me motivated to keep doing all the Christmas treat stuff! That popcorn is seriously so easy, and the best stuff ever! Come on down, Susan, we'll share our snow!

Anonymous said...

Carrie...word/phrase of the day: Abdominal Aortic Calcification :)

Anonymous said...

is sams 'word of the day' what you get after you eat all that delicious candy?? i made everything except the nouget- got a little gun shy and decided i wanted no stress of having to hurry-- maybe wed. night! thanks again for your encouragement! ;-)