Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm A Fan

I'm a fan of Valentine parties for preschoolers. Want to know why? How else could I get Parker to voluntarily write his name 29 times? It's brilliant! His school is having a Valentine party tomorrow. His teachers told him he had to write his name on his Valentines and he would pass them out at the party.

Small problem...up to this point Parker refused to even try and write his name. I was totally dreading the fights and tears that would occur when I sat him down in front of the task at hand. However, to my surprise, Parker sat down and committed himself to writing his name on 29 Valentines, without any fuss! I couldn't believe it. Yes, the handwriting is shaky, it's somewhat difficult to read, the "p" and "a" look like demented sperm, but DANG I was so happy! At one point he got writers cramp, but I gave him some Sour Skittles and that gave him the *pep* he needed to keep going!


You can tell he's my 2nd child. By the time Carson was Parker's age he could write sentences! Sheesh, who knows what Cameron will be doing when he's 4 1/2....hopefully he'll be potty trained! Hold me, I'm scared.

Speaking of Cameron, here's something I like to do just for fun. You might call it torture. I call it "let's strengthen your abdomen!" I tilt him back so he has to hold on his socks and hold his body up so he doesn't fall.


We have a very similar picture of Parker, wearing the same pajamas, sitting on Shandy's lap, next to this same lamp. If I was cool, I'd find it and post both, side by side. One day.... You can really see Cameron's funky hair in this picture. Check out the curls on the crown of his head! His hair doesn't quite look like this right now because I had my friend cut his hair really short. We'll see how it looks when it grows back out.


What do you think? Will he grow up to be an adrenaline chaser or a ballerina?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you can find that picture of Parker in our Feb. '05 folder. You have very cute kids.

Jess said...

haha! that video is soo funny! my vote is ballerina.. sorry. also, i remember those pajamas! aw, my little boys all grown up and wearin different pjs..
random: my verification word is "hipsiste" as in "hip sista" haha.

Anonymous said...

i love it!!! i totally want a valentine from parker!! seriosly- put that video on u tube!!

Rose said...

That was making us dizzy! Jake and John were sitting here watching it with me before they left for school, and laughing!

As for Parker's writing, my boys still write like that. Spencer hates writing. He hasn't passed the writing skills test in 6th grade yet, because he wouldn't write anything on the paper.

Alison said...

Oh my heck, did you say sperm?

Natalie said...

Yeah, I'm saying ballerina too. When Reese was a baby, he had one of those bouncers. We used to pull it out really far, then sling-shot him through the door way. He would laugh so hard! Then cry when he hit the door jam. Then laugh again when we made another goal. Older siblings sometimes don't make the best babysitters.

Carrie said...

Alison, if me saying "sperm" shocks you, you must not have read my April 24th and April 26th posts from 2008. That is a common word in my vocabulary now. :)

Carl and Pat said...

Please...not ballerina!

Susan said...

It's amazing how kids can spin forever and not get sick.