Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Valentines Day To Remember

My Valentines Day started by the lovely sound of Carson retching and horking at 6am. I stumbled out of my room and found him doing the spew dance. My first thought was "let's just hope this is a one time occurrence." Well, not s'much.

By 8am he had horked 7 times and had a "sharting" incident once...and one pair of underwear ended up in the garbage (my mom would have washed them by hand, but I'm not hardcore like that). I kept trying to lay down between episodes but it didn't really help much. A little before 8am I heard him moaning my name. I walked into the bathroom to the saddest scene. He was completely SPRAWLED out on the bathroom floor, face down, arms and legs spread out, and he kept moaning "I need to throw up but I can't anymore!" Oh man, I felt so bad!

As I'm dealing with this, Sam comes home from a church basketball game. He didn't walk into the house, he was hopping/limping. Oh crap, I've seen this scene before. Sam sprained his ankle. I feel bad for him, but at the same time I know that I'm not going to get much help today because he can't move around at all.

Cameron woke up today with the cha-cha-cha's. He was mostly cranky for most of the day.

So, we did absolutely nothing for V-day. Seriously. Luckily, a few days ago I had the foresight to buy Sam a box of chocolates and a card so at least he felt a little loved.

Tonight we went to my parents house for a change of scenery. Parker and Carson were playing a game (or I like to call it "a moment of bad judgement") that involved the pool table and rolling a ball at your fingers as fast as you can. Parker's reflexes weren't quick enough (Nintendo gives you better reflexes, I should encourage more Wii time) and the ball pinched his finger and gave him a nice blood blister. However, from his reaction, you'd think his finger was ripped off. Poor buddy.


So after the finger trauma, I was feeling pretty lucky because I was the only person in my family not affected with sickness or an injury. I got cocky because tonight I have had some wicked cha-cha-cha's. I'll spare you the details.

Happy Valentines Day to us.....maybe next year.

On a lighter side:

Last night was my ward's valentines party. One of the activities was "how many sour patch kids can you fit in your mouth?" Let me just say, it was hysterical.

Look how dainty Shiloh looks?


Are they a little sour Sam?


Russ is still smiling through the pain!


But the winner of the night was this guy, Bishop Brennan. He fit 121 sour patch kids in his mouth!!! Can you even imagine?? It makes my spit glands go into overdrive just thinking about it. YOWZA!


Here's hoping for a better tomorrow!

3 comments:

Amy said...

It seems like when it rains it pours for you guys! I sure hope things calm down. Poor Sam, It looks like his ankle hurts bad. Thanks for posting the pictures of the sour patch kids contest. Looking at the pictures makes my glands tighten up.

cathy said...

cha-cha-chas? That is hilarious. My kids just call 'em "flat poops".

The Buckley's said...

Oh man Carrie! Lets just say I LOVE reading your blog. It is absolutely hilarious. Your valentine's day sounded like a blast. Sorry about that. Hope everyone gets feeling better!