Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sprained Ankle Pics

See the post below for details on my lovely Valentines Day.

Today Sam's sprained ankle looks down-right frightening. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment. This is why Sam wasn't at church today. Well, this and because somebody needed to stay home with Cameron because he still has the cha-cha-cha's.





I'm wondering if Sam should go get his ankle X-Ray'd (is that even a word??). What if it's broken? Man oh man, it's bad.

Oh yeah, a word (or several) to the wise: If your baby has the cha-cha-cha's and he/she is wearing white socks, REMOVE THE SOCKS BEFORE ATTEMPTING THE DIAPER CHANGE! You're just going to have to trust me on this one...


Finally, I've been trying to pay more attention to the lighting situation when taking pictures. In the past, I've just let the flash do all the work, but people tell me it's no substitute for natural light.

Here's a picture I took of Parker today, in the natural light from my living room window. What a ham. I love those ears.

14 comments:

Thomas said...

My very first thought when I saw the picture of the foot was, "Oh please let that be Sam's hairy leg and not Carrie." PHEW! -Maile

Anonymous said...

that is so freakin gruesome!!! sams foot is sick too!!

Eden said...

I sprained my ankle on my mission--and I think it probably looked just as bad as Sam's--but it wasn't broken. I hope his isn't either! But dang, that's ugly.

Rose said...

Yipes! Been there, done that! Broken takes way less time to heal. It looks pretty painful. He should get it x-rayed just to make sure. Way to have a good attitude, Mister Sam sexy feet! LOL

laura said...

holy crap! that looks awful! i'm going to have to send that pic to thomas!

Ambyr said...

Sam's ankle looks really bad, I would get some e-ray's if I were you! I've seen many an ankle injury and they all look bad even when they are not but you can never be too sure. I hope that eveyone is feeling better at your house. I'm sorry your Valentines wasn't very good, hopefully next year!

The Airharts said...

that last picture looks so funny-for a minute I thought he was turning his head compleatly around and that was his back we were looking at(some killer moves hu)-then I realized his shirt was just pulled funny.

Carl and Pat said...

Poor Sam...love the photo of Parker. That kid is so unique, and I love his take on things..

Ric and Meagan said...

Oh my gosh that looks so Painful :( i hope it gets better soon

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Same thing happened to Brian about 8 years ago, came down on his foot wrong playing basketball. His ankle looked exactly the same. Long story short, we took him to the Dr and he ended up in bledsoe boot for 6 weeks. Don't hesitate to take him in for an xray. If he needs a boot for his right foot, give me a holla, we've got one! Might as well get our monies worth, right?

Becky said...

Oh...so sorry Sam!!! wudubumma!!!

Derek has been injured three times in our 14 1/2 years of marriage. two of the three occured while playing basketball and all three at work. The first was a broken foot including several pins. The second a sprained ankle, and the third cutting off his fingers while working on a mill requiring reconstructive surgury and a skin graft. Whick to the longest to recover from? The sprain can you even believe it? I say have it x-rayed. You're not too late because even if it were broken chances are they would wait to cast it for a few days until the swelling goes down.

Marisa said...

This photo of Parker could win a contest! The lighting is great and the expression is priceless. Send it to an ad agency. Love you guys.

Susan said...

Can you even wear a shoe, Sam?

Sarah said...

Sam! That looks awful..hope it heals quickly and I hope Carrie is being a good nurse! I'd milk it!
I was totally laughing at Maile's comment because I know Carie would still post it even if was her hairy leg...just because it'd be so dang blogworthy.