Saturday, December 12, 2009

Pedicure and Eye Brow Wax Anyone?

Right away I have to say, I'm SOOOOOOOO MAD! I actually stomped my foot today. I'm not kidding.

My birthday is tomorrow and for my birthday I asked Sam if he would get a pedicure with me. He happily agreed so I booked the appointment and was brewing an AMAZING blog post in my mind with pictures of my supportive hubby! However, I enjoyed the experience so much, it didn't even dawn on me to pull out my camera until we were finished and in the parking lot. Seriously, I stomped my foot and moaned! ha ha ha!

However, lemme tell you, I think Sam felt a little weird when we got there, but he seemed to enjoy being pampered. When they were doing the sugar scrub on his leg, I was laughing because of way his his hairy leg looked all wet and grainy! The employee was quick to point out that lots of guys get pedicures around Valentines Day. So, there you have it guys, get a pedicure with your wife on Valentines Day! She will LOVE you for it!

It was a very well spent hour, I am still fuming that I didn't get a picture...I guess we'll have to get pedicures again some time so I can capture the moment!

After the pedi, I had an eye brow wax appointment. As I was getting hair ripped out of my eye lid area, Sam said "Maybe I should get my eye brows cleaned up a bit". The girl quickly got wax on his brow area before he could change his mind! The best part, was when she asked Sam "Have you ever had anything waxed before?" Sam nodded "no". Then she said "Well, it doesn't feel very good." Ha Ha Ha! I was laughing so hard, she was hysterical! When she did the first RrRrRrIiIiIpPpPpP I was amazed at how calmly Sam was laying there. It wasn't until we got outside that Sam told me how bad it hurt! He said "I was imagining how bad it might hurt and it hurt slightly worse than that." Oh man, he's a great sport. Don't worry, all they did was clean up some stray brow hair, they didn't put an arch in his brow or make them really thin. He still looks masculine! :) I think Sam left the spa today with a better appreciation of what women go through to look the way they do. It was a great day! I am giving Sam a challenge right now: I would love to hear your experience of this day on your blog! Go ahead, you are in dire need of an update!

Here we are at Gardner Village, our brows are still a bit red from the trauma we put them through.


Gardner Village is fun any time of year! Check out the frozen water wheel and the elves trying to decorate the tree. Such a fun place.


Hi Sam, you are a super star, do you want to throw snowballs at Carson and Parker?


Okay, go for it! Oooooo, check out the snowball on the right. I think Carson got pelted right in the back....Kidney Slap!!


In other news, it snowed supercalifragilisticexpialidociously hard a few days ago. Sam waited for an hour for his bus that never came so he took the day off work and spent the whole day shoveling our driveway and a lot of the neighbor's driveways. He got out all his snowboarding gear and walked around the house looking like this:


Cameron didn't know what to think at first.


But then he got over it.


And then he wanted to be just like his dad.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow.....so I now understand that real men do get their "brows done". You are one brave man Sam! And kudos for helping shovel the neighbor's walks..

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Carrie! It looks like you guys already had a good time.

Thomas said...

Very nice, you two look absolutely stunning!

Natalie said...

Nice brows, Sam. You too, Carrie. Now, about that bikini wax. . . I just stomped my foot too, because there are no pictures. But it looks like you guys had a good time for the birthday.

My word verification is aness.

fern said...

the boys were hilarious running from the snowballs then taunting sam a second time!! thanks for letting then come play!

Nicole Marsh said...

I could never get Blake to do Pedi's with me but I wonder if he would go for the eyebrow wax... It sounds like you had a fun time.

laura said...

yeah! that's awesome that sam got the ol' eyebrow wax!

tom went to get his haircut one time and in the middle of it the stylist just randomly started trimming his eyebrows...

anywho, happy birthday to you! dinner in january sounds delightful!!!

Lighting Rancho Cucamonga said...

Thanks ffor the post