Monday, December 21, 2009

Sweet Christmas Par-Tay 2009

Saturday was the Sweet Christmas Party, and let me tell you....it was the best one evah! I can say that because Sam and I were in charge.

Sam is the youngest of 8 kids and when we all get together there are about 50 Sweet's running around, or shall I say Sweeties? Anyway, it's mayhem, chaos, amazing, loud, fun, and I look forward to it every year. This year we were able to break away from the church gym location to a much nicer venue: This is the Place Heritage Park!

My brother-law-works at the Park and he gets a "free rental" every year as one of his perks. He was kind enough to let the whole fam in on that freebie. Thanks Jeremy!

We arrived a few hours early to set up and hang out at the park before it opened to the public. We brought sleds and let the kids go hog wild. This picture makes me cackle. I don't have a clue what is going on, but I bet Parker knows!


Action shots, Sam even tried using the saucer sled as a snow board. Classic!








The house in the background is where we held our party:


Cameron cried really hard about 60% of the time we were there. We were there for over 7 hours so that's a lot of crying. I think he hates crowds and noise...he better grow out of that real fast!


There were reindeer at the Park and we got to help feed them:



After a traditional Ham dinner with the troops, we all scattered to play in the Park for awhile. We rode the train. It was really fun and everyone loved it, even Cameron...until the last 10 minutes, then he screamed to make sure we didn't forget he was there!




We all gathered again at the house and did a cousins gift exchange for all the nieces and nephews, a White Elephant Gift Exchange, an Ornament Exchange, and then we put together a Christmas package for my nephew Zack, who is on a mission. It was a superior time! My ears are still ringing from the noise, and that is how is should be! See that cage that Cameron is standing in? That is what we received from the While Elephant exchange....um....does anybody want it? :)












As we were cleaning up the place, Cameron and Parker fell fast asleep on James' lap. James bet Carson a dollar that he would fall asleep on the way home. Carson insisted that he wouldn't.....he was asleep before we hit the freeway!


The best part.....We aren't in charge for another 8 years!!!! MWHAAAHHAAAAHAAAAA! Merry Christmas to me!

5 comments:

fern said...

i love these pictures! it was so much fun- thanks to everyone who made it a great time!

Nicole Marsh said...

I love the pictures! It reminds me of family partys growing up, we don't have them any more it is kind of sad. But I am sure it will be like that again as my younger siblinigs get married and have kids. I hope that Blake comes to like the noise as much as you have!!

Shaunab said...

Hey carrie, I love reading about your family.

Sam said...

That was a great party and a big thanks to everyone who stepped in and helped when I didn't know what was going on.

Rose said...

Good times!!!
Great memories!!!