Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Rest Of My Birthday

I earned the right to celebrate my birthday for 2 days since I turned 35, right?

Sunday was my actual birthday so we had dinner at my parent's house. Normally we make homemade pizza on Christmas Eve, but this year we decided to do it on the 13th instead. My mom had a birthday girl badge waiting for me when I arrived:


The pizza was glorious! You want to know the best pizza topping that my mom discovered? French Fried Onions. You know....the stuff you put on top of green bean casseroles! Holy cow, I couldn't believe the flavor explosion! It was like there was a party in my mouth and everyone was invited!


Well, he's not invited. He's too weird. I can say that because I gave birth to him once upon a time...


Now this guy, he's invited, as long as he's happy (not an often occurrence these days)!


Uhhhhh--I think Sam's at his own party...


Is that good pizza Cameron? Hey, are you starting to flip me off? Easy there tiger!


For dessert, Sam found a recipe for homemade molten lava cakes....they were so dang good we didn't even think to take a picture-we just inhaled them and then sat back in our chair with a satisfied smile and belly! Sam did think to take a picture of the empty pan! :)


The cakes were Martha Stewart's Recipe, but some girl blogged about them HERE. Just try them, the centers were nice and runny and the cake was super good! Whoops, I think I just drooled.

Now....9 days until Christmas....I need to FOCUS!

7 comments:

Sam said...

Where's Parker? Oh yea, and don't be fooled by the recipe...bittersweet chocolate is NOT unsweetened chocolate, it's semisweet chocolate!!!! Good thing the recipe was easy to repeat.

fern said...

yum- i tried a recipie off of pw's rec. site- not enought molten lava, but yummy. looks like we will have to try them again!! -carson is such a weirdo... the fruit of your loins!!

Nicole Marsh said...

I love the birthday badge! I totally think that you should get 2 or 3 days to celebrate your birthday. I think as a mom that is the only day(s) you get to think about yourself.
Happy Birthday!! I will have to try the molten lava cake, that is one of my favorites.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

I think sam was at his OWN party.

Happy Birthday woman. I'm glad you got a pedicure and your eyebrows waxed. I didn't want to say anything at Ginger's last week, but those brows were making me sick. :) Wouldn't that be horrible if I was for reals. Good thing I'm not.

Love you and your updates!

Angela said...

you take such funny pictures and then your comments, they just make me laugh. Happy 35th Birthday.

Unknown said...

You look so cute in that brown and white shirt. Glad you had a Happy Birthday.

Thomas said...

Oops, last comment was from me!