Friday, September 08, 2006

The Experiment

Since I promised Curtis and Shandy that I wouldn't put pictures of their baby on my blog until they have, I needed to come up with something blog-worthy...

Tonight I asked Carson what he wanted to do. He responded "How about an experiment?" So that is what we did. Since I'm not a scientist and not very creative, I used an idea that I saw on the internet: Mixing Diet Coke with Mint Mentos. It proved to be a fun experiment.

Here we are filling up the paper tube with mentos


Nice action shot. We only used 8 Mentos, we learned our lesson. By the 5th Diet Coke we used 14 Mentos!


I like this picture for 3 reasons: My mom's face in the background, Carson's face, and Carson's friend, Lee, running away on all fours!


Here's a precious picture of Parker and dad enjoying the fun


My parents were distraught that all those Mentos left in the bottom of the Diet Coke bottles were going to waste, so my dad fished them out and ate them!

9 comments:

Susan said...

You didn't save Carl some fresh mentos?

Anonymous said...

I had to eat all the Coke soaked ones. Didn't offer any fresh ones.

Cody Oram said...

how the heck did you come up with mentos and diet coke??? did you get that from bill nye the science guy?

Carrie said...

I got an email from my neighbor about 6 months ago that showed a video of some newsperson doing this experiment. Then about 2 months ago, some guys did it on David Letterman. You totally should try it sometime!

Jess said...

dude! that's what i'll do tomorrow night! thanks for the idea, carrie. you're the bomb.

Susan said...

Darren and Jon have been talking about doing that experiment for a while now. Maybe they'll be more motivated now.

Anonymous said...

forget the mentos!! I can't believe you wasted 5 diet cokes!!!!!

Richard and Sharon said...

Carrie there is nobody like you. I love all the little tidbits and trivia you put on here. I may have to try this with some of the 50 kids in our ward that refer to us as "Grandpa Richard and Grandma Sharon." Then we would really be the favorites!

Anonymous said...

Fern...that's the first thing I said after the first one, "Fern would kill us if she found out about this".