Tuesday, September 19, 2006

T-Ball

Tonight was Carson's first T-Ball game! In fact, it was his first time ever playing the game! Right before we left I tried to explain to him about running to 1st base instead of 3rd. That was the extent of his training. As we were getting in the van to head to his game I handed him his mitt and told him to put it on. He tried for about a 1/2 second to get it on, gave up, and threw his mitt on the garage floor. Big tears started rolling down his cheeks and he said he didn't want to play because "what if I'm no good?". It was pretty dramatic.

I did what any loving, compassionate, and sympathetic mother would do: I told him to wipe those tears away and get that glove on because he WAS going to play in the 8 games I signed him up for! Actually, I was really nice...I promise! I told him it didn't matter how good he was, I just wanted him to experience the sport and have fun! Guess what finally calmed him down? He said a prayer! That's my boy!

Well, he had a BLAST! As soon as he walked on the field he was smiling. It was AWESOME! In fact, I was smiling too. I love seeing little 4 and 5 year olds playing T-Ball.

My favorite bloopers from the team:
Hitting the ball and just standing there.
Hitting the ball and running to 1st base while holding the bat the whole time.
Hitting the ball and going back to the sidelines and sitting down.
Making it to 1st base and sitting down on the base.
Hitting the ball right into a kid's chest, then the kid cries for 15 minutes and everybody hugs him.
One boy was ticked about something and he was on 3rd base. When it was time for him to run home he pouted and took BABY steps all the way home.
Every time Carson got the ball in the outfield, he would WALK the ball over to the 1st baseman instead of throwing it there.
Watching several ball players during the game holding themselves down "there" because they had to go potty!

Seriously, those were only a FEW of the funny things that happened. Ya'll should come to a game if you can because it's non-stop entertainment. He plays every Tuesday and Thursday at either 4:30pm or 5:30pm until October 17th. Call me if you want to come and I'll let you know where we'll be.

Enjoy some shots from tonight.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for letting come to his first game! it was a riot- the image of that little boy pouting all the way to home base still makes me laugh out loud! i loved that parker randomly would yell out 'yeahhhhh carrrsssonnnn!'

Cody Oram said...

dude that sounds awesome! i'd love to see kids running the wrong way, kids getting hit and crying, running with bats, etc etc. i bet you could win $10,000 on america's funniest home videos with some of those things!

Anonymous said...

Loved the comment about the players holding themselves "down there" cause they had to go potty. I teach piano part time and it's amazing what some kids will come up with if they haven't practiced that week. They get into the lesson and all of a sudden they have to go potty (uses up part of the time their parents have paid dearly for)!
Uncle Phil

Susan said...

Good job, Carson!

Jess said...

curse living away from home.. i would love to come to one or some of these! maybe i'll have a day off work that i could come down after class... hmm.. do you have an advanced schedule you could email me so i could come down sometime? i miss you guys!! love you

Thomas said...

Did you have any over-zealous dads getting way too into the game and yelling....thats my favorite.