Monday, September 04, 2006

Katydid!

Labor Day was a beautiful day here in West Jordan. The first thing I did was check my garage door to see if it had been vandalized ***I'll tell that story in a sec.
I decided to pull some weeds out of one of my flowerbeds. Parker came with me to keep me company and make sure I continued to perfect my multi-tasking skillzz.

As I started to pull those dang dandelions, I noticed that one of the leaves on my Mums was moving really weird. Upon closer inspection, I realized it was a katydid. I picked it up and put it on the cement curbing and pointed it out to Parker. It was really cute, Parker LOVED the katydid. He put his nose right up to the bug and 'oohed' and 'aawwed' for at least 45 minutes! Precious!




I put the katydid back in the bush, and seriously, I couldn't find it after about 1 minute. It seriously blended in so good! Parker kept saying "katydid go?" He was pretty distraught until I convinced him to climb into his treehouse. I took this picture because I couldn't believe how funny his ears looked with the morning sun shining through them! I love his big ears!!!



***Vandalized Garage Door story:
Saturday morning Sam and I were heading to breakfast with some friends. We backed out of our garage, closed the garage door, and were surprised to be greeted with big, painted, red letters that said "We sh_ _ on ur house" BUT, the swear word was NOT censored! Sam promptly walked around the house to see if this person did what they said they did, but found nothing. I couldn't very well leave this printed on our door, so I ran inside to try and find something that would remove the paint. Aha! I found a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It removed the paint immediately. A police officer drove by and stopped at our house. He had been informed that a street sign close to our house had been vandalized with red paint as well. I handed him a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and told him it would take it right off! He was very appreciative and as we drove away I saw him cleaning the sign and it was coming off quite nicely. I think I should write the Mr. Clean company and tell them what happened! Maybe I'll get a year's supply of magic erasers. :)

5 comments:

nalani said...

That is crazy! I too love the Mr. Clean magic eraser!!!! I've been able to get hair color out of my wood floor with those things. They rock!!!

Darren Clark said...

I like the katydid photo. I don't see them very much up here in the arctic. It sounds like it's time for Sam to stay up all night looking for hoodlums again.

Delene said...

I think you should write to Mr. Clean, Carrie. What can you loose? Thank heavens you had an eraser!

Susan said...

Maybe it's time to put cameras on your house and catch those jerks once and for all. It's probably the same guys who were causing problems with the bags on your porch.

Richard and Sharon said...

I have never heard of a Mr. Clean magic eraser. I am going to have to run out and get one..that way when Sam is here watching the kids it will be close by when the kids paint each other and the carpet:)