Sunday, September 17, 2006

Pish Posh...Applesauce

I know that is a random title for this posting, but that is because all my events this weekend were just....random!

The weekend started with Carson trying to take some pictures of himself with Parker and I in the frame as well. I LOVE this picture. It has a whole new meaning to the phrase "Four eyes!!!".



Then, this picture may look a lot like the one from January or February, but I promise it's new (remember the previous photo shows the towing guy's 'crack'?). Well, we have had the Bonneville parked in our garage for several months and now we are ready to fix 'er up again so we can finally be a two-car family. We'll find out tomorrow how much it's gonna cost us ...*gulp*! By the way, notice my beautiful Rose of Sharon hedges? Nice!



Since the Bonneville was out of the garage, Sam decided to do some serious cleaning in there. I love it! I can park the van right in the middle of the garage now, which is really handy, especially if you know me and my parking abilities....sketchy, to say the least!



On Saturday we went to a baby shower for Laurel King, whose family happens to be one of the coolest families on the planet! Laurel's maiden name is 'Hansen'. The Hansen's sort of helped raise Sam...especially when Sam burnt his house down when he was 15 because he lived with their family for several months while his house was being rebuilt. I pretty much consider them my in-laws. In fact, Sam and I met because of the Hansens! Natalie Peton (maiden name was Hansen) and her husband, Neal, set us up on a blind date. My wedding reception was in their backyard!
Anyways, here is part of this extremely awesome family:
Angie(she is holding her niece, Ginnie), Ginger is standing above Angie, Cami (she married Ryan Hansen), Laurel (she is pregnant with her first baby), Lynda Hansen (mom), and Lindsey.
Funny story about Laurel: She always joked that she wanted to marry Sam so when I married him, she gave us a sympathy card for our wedding instead of a congrats card!!! They are so funny!



Last but not least: Tonight we had dinner at my parents with Nalani & Jed, Cody & Karena, and Curtis & Shandy. We all have dinner once a month and we call it the "cousins dinner". It's something I look forward to every month because my family is so much fun to hang out with. Of course we all fought over who got to hold Dexter. Here is the only picture I took tonight (shocking, I know!) of Carson holding Dex.



Carson starts T-Ball this week, so expect some pretty sweet action shots of that on Tuesday. It should be funny because he's never played any sports, let's all say a prayer for him that he will run to 1st base instead of 3rd!!!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

So, you're seriously gonna breeze right past the whole,"when Sam burnt down his house" thing?? 'Cuz, personally, I would like some details. Maybe he could come give my boys a family home evening lesson about fire safety?

Susan said...

Yeh, I have never heard that story either. I think most first time T-ballers go to third instead of first. Kevin did it. Little kid sports are fun to watch. Good luck, Carson. Maybe I can come to one of your games sometime.

Anonymous said...

place and time for the game please!! -never mind, i will just call you! great pic's-- now there is enough room in your garage for a motorcycle!

Thomas said...

I wanna hear it too.

Kami said...

I love the "four eyes" picture! You all look like you are having way too much fun!

Anonymous said...

I've heard the fire story, and it's a good one.