Thursday, August 31, 2006

Not For The Faint Of Heart

After Carson came home from school I took him to the dentist. The first half of our visit was nice. Carson sat down in the reception area with a lady named Jo. She was really cool and put Carson at ease immediately. I looked away for ONE second and when I turned back to Carson, I saw that Jo was holding his extracted tooth in her hand! It was so funny to me because, seriously, I have tried yanking that tooth for over a month.

So, after Jo pulls his tooth, she turns to me and says "there is another tooth that is totally ready to come out. I'll do it now if you want me to." I jumped at this opportunity to delegate my parental-tooth-pulling duty to somebody else. Of course, I agreed. Here's when the "nice visit" got a little fuzzy.

I could almost hear Carson's heart start to palpitate when I said "Hey Carson, you were such a good boy with that first tooth, so now we are going to do another one!" Tears came fast and furious and he insisted that we were NOT going to pull another one. After about 15 minutes of coaxing and promising lots of prizes from the prize bucket AND numbing his entire mouth AND wrestling his head still, the 2nd tooth popped out. As soon as it was over, Carson admitted it wasn't so bad, and BOY was he excited about his little plastic treasure chest full of his two tiny teeth! In fact, he is bringing those teeth for "show and tell" tomorrow at school.

So, it ended on a positive note and the tooth fairy is supposed to come visit Carson tonight. I hope she comes soon because I'm tired and I need to go to sleep.

Enjoy the lovely close up. My favorite part is the spit bubble sitting on top of the hole where the baby tooth used to be!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, where is the part where his favorite aunt comes in??!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Carson

Susan said...

Kevin lost a tooth yesterday, too. But the tooth fairy forgot to come. I hope she remembers tonight.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was because the tooth fairy was at Carson's house!