Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Happy Anniversary, to me!


August 8th marked my 8th wedding anniversary to Sam. We were married in the Bountiful UT temple. It's a pretty cool day because we were married on the 8th day of the 8th month in 1998 and it was my 8th anniversary. Phew! According to some trashy magazine, I passed the seventh year "itch" in my marriage and now my marriage has a good chance of surviving. Well, THAT'S good to know!

To celebrate, Sam and I decided to take a day off work, get a babysitter, and just do whatever we wanted. I'll tell you all about it! Well, that day isn't until tomorrow, so I'll tell you about it tomorrow. :) But I will tell you how I celebrated my anniversary yesterday.

First of all, I made a fancy lunch for Carson. I call it "100% beef wrapped in a golden-yellow honey bread, cut in perfect bite size pieces, and topped with a tangy tomato-based glaze". In other words, a mystery meat corndog cut into pieces with ketchup on top. He loved it!


Later on in the day I decided that the bathroom was scaring people (and maybe even spiders) away! But, I didn't want to clean the bathroom on my anniversary. That's when I remembered I had a 5 year old! I didn't even have to bribe him, I'm serious! I said "Hey Carson, will you clean the bathroom?" He got so excited and said "I'm going to need some gloves..." and then the fun began.






Teaching Carson to shake the rugs was the hardest. Every time I came outside to check on him, he had wrapped the rug around his neck (like a cape) and he was pretending he was superman!




Last night when I came to bed, Sam had put sticky notes all over the place for me. They were so fun! He put them on my pillow, on my closet door, on the bedroom door, on the bathroom mirror, wrapped around the stuff I wash my face with, in my makeup drawer, and even in the kids room! I was obsessed with finding them all before I came to bed! They said things like "thank you for being such a good mom to our boys", "I love that there is nobody else like you", "thank you for cleaning the house and always making it look so nice", "I really enjoy talking to you about everything under the sun", "thank you for being such an understanding wife and friend", "I really like it when you are laughing", "I really love it when you smile", "I really like it when you joke around with me".

There were more, but I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable!

It really was a nice day and I can't wait to see what we do tomorrow.

10 comments:

nalani said...

Congratulations on 8 years and more importantly on updating your blog!!!! I love the description of the corndog---with a knack for embellishing could you please re-write my resume for me!!!!! I'm impressed with Carson's cleaning too---tell him I'll hire him anyday to come cleans rooms at the hotel!

Anonymous said...

you have peaked my curiosity... what sort of naughty things go through my brothers mind?? i have told you what goes through my mind! congrats on 8 years- may tomorrow live up to all your fantasies- and some of mine!! -but mine are not with my brother- eeeww

Anonymous said...

ps - i love the pictures!!!

nalani said...

Oh yeah----I forgot to ask---what's up with him cleaning the bathroom with no shirt on? Our housekeepers at the hotel might want to try that uniform---I bet they'd get a lot more tips!!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations Carrie!(and way to hang in there Sam!!!)
I am SO joking!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, gosh!! I spaced your anniversary (of course, I hav a hard time remembering my own)! I'm glad that sense of humor of yours hasn't diminished over the past 8 years! Sure am glad you married the guy you did!!!

Carrie said...

Nalani,
I made Carson take his shirt off because he's quite a messy cleaner (is that an oxymoron?). by the time he was done he has soap and cleaner all over his belly!

Jess said...

couldn't that be dangerous for him? tell carson that i need someone to clean our apartment.. summer cleaning checks are coming up pretty quickly.. and fern, don't have carrie announce those here.. i don't want to know any of your fantasies for a looooong time..

Anonymous said...

Alright, Carson. Get over to Grandma Clark's right now!! I'm still trying to get chili off everything!!

Susan said...

You guys both look so young in your wedding picture. What a cute couple!