Saturday, August 26, 2006

Uncle Jack's Cabin

Today was the Jackson family reunion (My mother-in-law's maiden name is Jackson). Sam's Uncle has a cabin near Moroni UT and that is where we go every year for this reunion. It was pretty nice because the temperature stayed in the mid 70's. The only not-so-nice part were the turkeys and, more importantly, the turkey stench! There are several turkey coops near the area, but the ones closest to the cabin usually don't have turkeys in them. Well, this year they did and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get used to the smell.

Sam, Parker, and I took a walk down to the coop and let Parker get close and personal with the turkeys. He loved it! I just did my best not to throw up!




The horses were a different story! Parker wouldn't even look at the horse, he just stared at the ground until we walked away.


Sam had his first "hunting" experience with a rabbit. He says they are a pest to Jack's farm so it's not different than somebody killing a mouse that gets into your house.


All in all it was a good reunion. Lots of good food and good conversation. Today is also Fontella's 71st birthday. Happy Birthday Fontella!

9 comments:

Susan said...

That is a typical Moroni stench.

Thomas said...

That rabbit thing kind of grosses me out. Cool weekend though.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Sam killed Thumper!!!
Uncle Phil

Anonymous said...

Now you can understand why Grandma Bell hated that summer herding turkeys!!

nalani said...

That picture of you gagging is priceless!!!! How come you haven't posted a blog about your new calling? My stomach is still churning for you----I mean...what a great opportunity!!!!

Anonymous said...

killing them is one thing... touching them is a whole different story! ask mel about shooting her rabbit- piercing its ear, etc... it was a good time!

Delene said...

Now just think how good those Norbest turkeys taste on Thanksgiving! Rabbits are rabbits and that rabbit is not one that I would call a pet. It's just an old Jackrabbit. But you do have to watch out for diseases. They carry viruses just like mice.

Jess said...

I wish I could've been there. Looks like I missed out. Tell the kids I say hi! I miss my boys. Oh yeah, and you and Sam.

Indiana Clark's said...

Good post of you, Carrie. Are you hurling? That rabbit is gross! I hope he washed his hands!