Sunday, August 13, 2006

Anniversary update

So, as I was sayin'

Sam and I took a vacation day on Thursday, got a babysitter (thanks Mel!), and walked out of the house without a single plan! We had the whole day ahead of us and we could do anything we wanted. And, even better, we had saved up some cash to play with.

We first went to Ruth's Diner, which is up Emigration Canyon. It's one of our favorite places to eat breakfast. If you click on the link and scroll to the bottom picture of Ruth holding the dog, then you'll appreciate this story...

We were sitting out on the patio eating breakfast and Sam got all sheepish and said "There is a lady staring at me from the window of that building behind you." I casually turned around to see, and sure enough, there was an old lady just staring at Sam. She wasn't even embarassed that we were staring right back! Every 10 minutes or so I would turn around and she was still watching every move we made. I couldn't believe that Sam was still eating his breakfast without any care of the weirdo watching us! Right when I started to get really annoyed, Sam casually said "It's just a picture Carrie, sheesh." HA HA HA, he was right! It was a full size cut out of Ruth and she was placed right in the window. For a minute I thought we were on the movie "Psycho" and it was the dead grandma sitting in the chair next to the window! If you checked out the link for Ruth's Diner you'll know that Ruth isn't exactly "friendly" looking. For the rest of the day I kept laughing every time I thought about breakfast. Sam knew the whole time she wasn't real and I totally fell for his joke.

After breakfast, Sam and I went to Park City and shopped at the outlet mall. It was fun to just wander from store to store, although I didn't let Sam go to the BOSE outlet because he's obsessed with their speaker systems! We had saved up some cash, not THAT much cash!

When we were sick of shopping we drove up "Lamb's Canyon" and enjoyed the peace and quiet, which was nice. The day rapidly came to an end and we meandered back towards West Jordan. I highly recommend this way of celebrating an anniversary to everyone, especially if you have kids. Don't get me wrong, I love my children, but sometimes absence makes the heart grow fonder!

That night we went to Shandy's baby shower. It was so fun! I think Curtis and Shandy are now ready to welcome this baby into their house. She scored big time on the gifts! One of my favorite gifts was the fleece jacket that Cody and Karena gave the baby. Don't let Dexter play outside or you might not find him!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Woot! What a fun day that must have been. You just wait until Mel has kids. Maybe Carson and Parker could watch them! Love you Carrie and Sam. Miss you bunches!

Curtis and Shandy said...

I am sure we should be getting a baby announcement now from you two in a couple months. I am glad you left those details out.

Susan said...

That sounds like a fun way to spend your anniversary. We'll have to try that. Who wants to take my kids all day in December?