Saturday, November 18, 2006

I Have The Best Husband...

Seriously, Sam is the greatest husband!

He decided to take the kids to Logan today to see our niece Jessica, and he gave me the whole day, to myself, without any responsibility! It's been a very nice and relaxing day. I went to the temple this morning with my presidency and then to lunch afterwards at the "Training Table". It was really fun and I hope to do it again really soon. As my 1st counselor says, "it's like group therapy and female bonding all at the same time, and it's free!". We even conducted some business--every time a baby is born in our ward, we give them some type of gift. Years past it's been a baby blanket or burp cloth. We decided that next year's gifts will be onesies that we design our own iron-on for! Something like "Choose the Wipes"! So, if you have any funny ideas, pass them my way because this is going to be fun!!!

Since I have all this time on my hands, I thought I'd get caught up on my blog because I've been meaning to post some random "Carson" stuff all week so here goes...

If you want to be a really cool parent, teach your child how to make a pencil look like rubber. You know what I mean...you hold the pencil in the middle loosely and move it up and down real fast and it appears to be rubber. I showed Carson this trick and he was fascinated with it, for like 2 hours solid! I couldn't figure out what he was doing in the bathroom for so long and then I saw he was practicing his technique! He's pretty good at it too!


That same day, Carson excitedly screamed for me to come see his room. He had made both beds AND folded the extra blankets. He was dang proud of himself and wanted me to take his picture. He even pulled the flat sheet up before throwing his comforter over it. As a mother, it was a proud moment because up to now, it was just SLOP! :)


Sam and I have been making calzones lately that are to die for! Just before I put them in the oven, I brush an egg wash over them so the crust gets dark and crispy. Carson asked me what egg tasted like and I jokingly held up the fork with egg slime on it to see what he would do. To my astonishment, he licked the slime off the fork! EwWwWwWw!!! So, of course, I grabbed the camera and he kept doing it. He said it tasted good. Even now it gives me the shudders!



And check out one of the calzones! Doesn't it look good?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam is great indeed!

Susan said...

Good for Sam! Those calzones look yummy. What dough do you use?

Carrie said...

I use homemade dough. It's a recipe I found on allrecipes.com called "crusty white bread"

nalani said...

That egg thing is sicking me out! Hello---have you not heard of samanilla (sp?)???