Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving Day. My parents were in Indiana with Mike and Kim so we decided to do something different.
My Aunt Sharon and Uncle Richard were in town so we had Thanksgiving with them, Nalani and Jed, Kami, Cody and Karena and Karena's family. It was hosted by Karena and Cody. We had tons of yummy food and 7 pies for dessert (see Darren's blog for the "sugar cream pie" saga!).
It was sort of bizarre because my own two brothers, Darren and Curtis (and their families), were having Thanksgiving at Curtis' house at the same time I was at Cody's house...does that seem super backwards to anyone? Well, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I thought it was great! After we hung out at Cody's house playing Phase 10 (Oh that phase is the hardest one of them all!) we went to Curtis' house and hung out, so it was the best of both worlds.

Here's some photos

Carson was the photographer here, aren't we cute??


I forgot to take pictures of the actual meal, so here is Sam and Jed feelin' like some stuffed turkeys!


Here is cutie patootie Kami!


Here is Nalani and Sharon cleanin' up. Has anyone noticed that it takes a week to prepare this huge meal and then everyone gobbles (punny) it up in 20 minutes?


7 pies, starting from the back: Chocolate cream, Pecan, Apple, Pumpkin creamcheese, sugar cream, banana cream, and regular pumpkin.


Here is Sharon entertaining Parker and Carson


It was a wonderful day and so fun to hang out with so much family, I can honestly say, I never get tired of hanging out with my immediate and extended family (which is why I never had many friends in High School!). The only thing that would have made it better is if my parents and Mike's family were here!

2 comments:

Carl and Pat said...

I'm almost jealous!! However, we have had an incredible time here in Indiana. Mike and Kim and Kim's family make us feel so welcome, plus the weather has been incredible--in the 60's. We learned how to play Hillbilly Golf (I'm sure somewhere that isn't politically correct), plus have shopped, shopped, shopped. We'll get our blog (and Mike's) updated tomorrow for sure!

Delene said...

Carson does a very good job taking pictures!