Sunday, November 26, 2006

More Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving was great, but so was the rest of the weekend. It's always a good sign when you have 4 nights in a row where you don't go to bed before midnight!!!

I can't remember why everyone was laughing so hard here, I think it had something to do with a dream Curtis had about fishing and Shandy waking up with bruises...


My brother Darren has become obsessed with fly fishing and he won't rest until everybody else is as passionate as he is about it. Here he is trying to teach Curtis how to tie a fly.


While Darren and Curtis were fishing on Saturday, we decided to go to the Children's Discovery museum in Salt Lake. It was Susan, Sam, me, and our 5 boys! Here are some nice photos:






Darren finished fishing and met up with us at the museum. Once the boys were done playing there, we decided to head to temple square to see the lights. In the front lobby of the museum, there was a Santa Claus booth where you can get your picture taken with Santa. Carson saw the Santa and screeched at the top of his 6 year old lungs "IS THAT THE REAL SANTA????!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M LOOKING AT SANTA!!!" Holy cow I was so embarassed, he wouldn't stop screeching until I said "that's one of Santa's helpers, now let's GO!"

Here is a picture of the boys at temple square. I think they liked it!


After temple square, Darren and Susan went to visit some friends who live nearby and Sam and I went to Nalani's house. I didn't take any pictures at Nalani's, but we played a mean game of "Skip Bo"! Sharon had promised Carson an orange balloon on Thanksgiving, I never got the full story as to why, but nonetheless...she made good on her promise. Kami needed to run to the store and when she came home, she was toting two orange balloons. They kept the boys entertained for the rest of the evening. Thanks Sharon and Kami! If you look really hard, you will see those balloons in the back of this picture.


We had such a fun holiday weekend, I think it's going to be hard to get back to our normal routine! Sam put the lights on our house and I keep reminding him that the Christmas season has officially begun, but I think he's in denial. So, when you see him, be sure to sing Christmas songs really loud!!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Jingle Bells, Batman Smells.....

Anonymous said...

great blog and pictures looks like you had a lot of fun!!

Curtis and Shandy said...

Where is the pink??

Carrie said...

I switched to the beta version and it asked me which template I wanted so I went SIMPLE. It's nice because it doesn't hurt my eyes to look at it anymore! ha ha