Tuesday, November 06, 2007

100 Things About Me

My friend Missy posted 100 things about herself on her blog. I loved reading it but thought there was no way I could accomplish the same blog posting. Well, it's all I've thought about today so here are my "100 things" about myself:

1. I was named after my great grandmother bell, her name was “Mabel Carrie” and I’m ticked that my parents didn’t name me “Mabel”
2. I was born on Friday, the 13th
3. I started getting gray hair at the age of 15
4. Speaking of hair, I have “naturally afro” hair. Thanks to lots of hair product, I can call my hair “naturally curly”
5. I am obsessed with being on time to everything
6. I hate shopping, and it shows
7. I have been married for 9 years and haven’t regretted it for even one minute
8. My family had a pet python until I was 13 years old
9. When eating dinner, if I bite into a fatty/grissly bite of meat, I cannot eat one more bite of my entire meal. This really stinks when I’m at a nice restaurant and that happens to be my first bite!
10. The smell of seafood makes me gag, but the smell of the ocean makes me happy
11. My favorite TV shows are “The Office”, “30 Rock”, “Dancing with the Stars”, “So You Think You Can Dance”, and “American Idol”
12. I take great joy in hiding from my kids and then scaring the crap out of them
13. When my kids trip and fall or in any way hurt them self, my first gut reaction is to laugh
14. I really like laughing, when my family gets together you’ll hear some really loud cackle laughter!
15. I am pregnant with my third boy
16. Without contacts or glasses, I am blind as a bat
17. I have 3 brothers, 0 sisters
18. Pet Peeve: flakey people who say they will do something, then they don’t
19. I drive a Honda Odyssey, along with the rest of the free world. Good thing Sam put a “life flight” sticker on the back window or else I would always try getting into the wrong vehicle
20. I enjoy gardening, when my back doesn’t hurt
21. I have a bad back
22. I don’t like to cook, unless it’s a dessert
23. I like to teach my kids random facts…ask Parker what shape the black parts of the soccer ball are
24. My most embarrassing moment: Carson was one week old and I had a fever of 106. I was in the ER getting x-rays. The x-ray tech (a 20-something guy) told me to lift my arms above my head. I did as I was told and all of a sudden, my feet were wet…my milk finally had come in! my gown was soaked and I was mortified. The tech was probably more embarrassed than me, he just handed me two tissues (hello, may I please have the whole box!!!???) and sent me back to my room.
25. The number of times I have gone to bed without washing my face: probably less than 8 times
26. I am anal
27. I can’t believe I’m only about ¼ of the way through my list of 100 things…
28. I have curly hair, but my eye lashes are as straight as a board
29. I love Costco
30. My favorite smell: My house after it has just been cleaned
31. I hate it when somebody has a disgusted look on their face and then they hold something under my nose and say “smell, this…does it stink?”
32. I absolutely love reading all my friends and family blogs
33. I was the runner up for “employee of the year” at Beneficial Life in 2003
34. If I’m in a room with lots of screaming (happy or sad) kids I get stressed out
35. When I first met Sam I thought he was too quiet, when I met Sam several months later, I thought he was a cutie pie!
36. Sam has taught me that inconveniences, like locking your keys in the car, are okay because they shake up the day. I usually agree, except that one time we had to walk home from Fred Meyer with all our groceries and it was really hot!
37. My favorite color is orange
38. My favorite music to listen to when I drive is….well, I actually just like to drive in silence
39. I do my best thinking in the shower
40. I really wish all my immediate family lived in the same state
41. I’m not a naturally compassionate person, I have to work at it
42. Sam was the first guy I had ever kissed
43. I have a hard time sitting still, there are always things to be done!
44. My least favorite holiday: Thanksgiving….think about it: I hate to cook, I hate it when people are late, and I hate just sitting around. Thanksgiving is all about food, people are always 2 hours late, and then everyone wants to just sit around
45. Another pet peeve: When people drive up to their mailbox and get the mail, then they sit in their car and open every piece of mail and read it. Just go home already!
46. I don’t like to chit chat on the phone
47. I love text messaging!
48. I really admire the pioneers because the older I get, the whimpier I get
49. I don’t like, nor do I understand, politics
50. I have been at my job for 11 years and still love it!
51. My favorite candy bar has recently changed. It used to be Reese’s PB cups, but now I like Butterfinger or Baby Ruth
52. I really like trees with beautiful spring blossoms and bright red foliage in the fall. Any suggestions??
53. So far I like the name “Beckam” for my baby…Thanks for the suggestion Leslie!!
54. One of my favorite “laugh til my throat is sore” moments was when my friend Natalie ran into our sliding glass door in Seattle, thinking it was open. We were laughing, but worried she broke her nose, and all she kept saying was “somebody go wipe the grease mark off the door!!!”
55. I hated High School but LOVED Ricks College. Some of my best memories were there and I still keep in touch with many people from those days
56. Caller ID rocks
57. I’m currently serving as Relief Society President in my ward, and I’m still laughing about it
58. I have convinced Carson that I really do have eyes in the back of my head
59. I avoid sour or negative people
60. I went to High School in Seattle at the height of the grunge phase. So I had numerous plaid flannels and that’s what I wore every day to school
61. I do the finances in my marriage and I really enjoy it
62. I just ate a piece of Carson’s Halloween candy
63. I really despise forward emails that are meant to be inspirational or sappy. They have the opposite effect on me
64. My favorite time of the day is when Carson is at school and Parker is sleeping…is that mean?
65. My favorite restaurants: PF Chang’s, CPK, Ruby River, and Training Table
66. I really wish my favorite restaurants were in West Jordan
67. I love to people watch!
68. I love to tickle Parker until he’s laughing so hard he can hardly breathe
69. I USED to love donating blood
70. I donated plasma once for money because I was so poor. I’ll never do that again.
71. The other night I woke myself and Sam up because I was laughing in my sleep
72. When Carson was blessing his breakfast this morning, I gagged at the smell of his morning breath
73. I love ice cream
74. I don’t prolong “good-bye’s”. when I determine it’s time to leave, I just stand up and say “Kay, bye” and leave. It drives Sam crazy
75. The only piece of jewelry I ever wear is my wedding ring.
76. I really like daylight savings time. I’m loving it now because it gets dark so early and Parker starts asking at 6pm if it’s time for bed
77. The busier I am, the more efficient I can be with my time
78. I think Spongebob is funny
79. Last week in my sister-in-law’s ward, somebody bore their testimony of “trunk-or-treating” and I got the giggles
80. Repetition is funny
81. Repetition is funny
82. My little brother’s birthday is today and he’s 29! Happy Birthday Curtis!!!
83. I love that Eminem song that starts like this: Two trailer park girls go round the outside, round the outside, round the outside….
84. I am listening to Sarah McLachlan’s “Wintersong” Christmas CD right now and it’s really good
85. I love cutting my kids’ fingernails
86. I am completely tone deaf
87. I would rather be cold than hot. I really really really hate being hot
88. One day I would love to go to New York and attend a taping of David Letterman
89. My brother Darren has a fun contest going on right now on his blog. Check it out!!
90. I wish I was done with my Christmas shopping
91. I like to pronounce things wrong when talking to Parker because he laughs really hard. Example: Terlut instead of Toilet or Breakust instead of Breakfast
92. Favorite drink is usually Mountain Dew but since being pregnant, I really like Gatorade
93. I used to sell all day suckers at my brother’s baseball games when I was little. I bought my first bicycle with the money I earned
94. I like talking to people who talk fast
95. The games “red light green light” and “Mother May I” were banned in my house when I was young because we fought too much while playing them
96. One day I want to rent out a really nice cabin in Yellowstone with my entire family…maybe next year!
97. I have claustrophobic feet. I hate having the covers on my feet at night
98. I was completely ticked off when Sabrina got kicked off of “Dancing with the Stars” last week
99. I used to work at NAPA Auto Parts all through High School and I loved that job! I wore a company shirt that said “all the right parts in all the right places”
100. I love it when people update their blogs so get to it!!!!

11 comments:

Natalie said...

Carrie - that was awesome! There was some great info there. Thanks for the "heads-up" on trunk-or-treat-testimonies. I'll remember that one next time a testimony meeting needs a little life breathed into it. It's fun to make people giggle.

Curtis and Shandy said...

I love the name Mabel. I love orange too. I have never forwarded or gotten a forwarded email from you. Ditto on that one.

Carl and Pat said...

...and that's why we love her! (Can't believe she didn't bring up the broken elbow/trampoline issue.)

Anonymous said...

1. Carrie asked me to help with her list but at the time all the things I could think of were inappropriate...

The Airharts said...

I am so proud of you carrie!!! Good job at the 100 things-it really is easier then you think hu. I totally agree with you on alot of those( except the feet out of the covers thing..I'm compleatly oposite on that one-I think spiders will bite my toes if their not covered) We could be great friends. Ha HA

Anonymous said...

Missy, spiders would rather hide in the warm covers...

Anonymous said...

My life isn't interesting enough to have my own blog so I'm taking advantage of Carrie's. Every once in a while at work I come across phrases or terms that I find fun to say. I'm going to start posting them in Carrie's comments when I come across them to share the joy. Today's is "Cardiac Resynchronization"

Amy said...

Wow! I really don't think I could come up with 100 interesting things to say about myself. You are very talented.

Anonymous said...

that was great!! is work slow?? ;o) hahaha mine is -that is why i am on your blog so much!!!

Anonymous said...

Carrie..
I don't think your Mother laughed when she was RS president...

Uncle Phil

Rose said...

Cardiac Resynchronization! I want that to be my spy name!