Sunday, November 18, 2007

So Many Leaves

About this time of year I usually get pretty tired of raking leaves and this year is no exception. This weekend we got our entire yard raked and I think we'll just need to do the backyard one more time. YES!!

Parker had a pretty good idea. He put his goggles on so he could "swim" in the leaves and his eyes would be unaffected. Can you see him?


Dorky shot, I know, but then Carson ran and got his swim goggles on so he could "swim" too. Sometimes it would be nice to be this uninhibited and not care about what others think--you know DARN well what I was thinking! It goes something like "oh man, you are going to hate this picture when you are a teenager and you are going to be ticked that your mom kept a blog!" and then there is lots of evil laughing/cackling.


Sweet action shot!


Okay, this moment made me laugh and gag at the same time! We decided to have French Dip sandwiches for dinner today. Fern had the same idea and she had already bought a bunch of amazing rolls on Saturday so she brought us some on Sunday morning. As she came over, Sam was in the process of cutting a huge slab of disgusting fat off our roast before he put it in the crock pot. Well, by now, most of you know my feelings about raw meat and fat. Honestly, words don't describe the disgust I have for it. Sam was struggling to get the last of the fat cut off and of course, I was just watching. Fern walked over and without any hesitation at all, she grabbed the fat tight so Sam could easily sheer it off. My first reaction was to throw up and then my second reaction was "blog!" so I ran for the camera. Fern is a true woman without any fears in the kitchen. You GO GIRL!


On a much more serious note, little did I know, but when Fern left my house today she left me little "presents". I would like to say they were left out of love but I think she wanted to shock my poor heart into a heart attack! I will document these presents tomorrow, but I wanted to give you a warning tonight. Stay tuned...

6 comments:

Susan said...

I can't wait for the next blog post!

Anonymous said...

I love the "where is Parker" picture! This is the only time of year I don't complain about not having enough trees. You're a trooper, Sam! And in spite of what you are doing here, Fern, this is a glamour shot!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eden said...

*Sigh*

I wish I lived closer so I could know your boys better. They seem so funny!

Aren't you grateful they have such personality. It makes the Mom job an adventure!

Anonymous said...

eden i love your little picture!! carson and parker are a riot- it takes 'special' training to have boys that great-- it might have something to do with mel influencing them so young in life!! to bad parker wouldn't lick the plate of fat in front of carrie!!

James said...

Nice T-Shirt? Sam!