Monday, November 19, 2007

Presents From Fern

When Fern came over yesterday to help Sam chew the fat..er..I mean cut the fat...she left these little presents at my house without me knowing about them.

I was horrified when I saw them but it was okay because they were just in my house:


Then Sam told me to open the door and to my horror, I saw:



Now let me explain.
First off, I cannot believe I forgot to include this "issue" of mine in my "100 things" list. So....

#101: I hate butterflies. I don't just mean that I dislike them or think they are creepy. I sincerely, truly, and honestly despise butterflies. I think butterflies are what is wrong with animal society. Think about it, they have these pretty wings, but as soon as you get a close look at them, they are hideous little creatures. It's just like Hollywood, beautiful on the outside, ugly on the inside. I don't know why people "oooh" and "awwww" over the little creepy flying insects.

So, I'll for sure go remove the tacky butterflies from my bushes and from my shelf. Just watch out because if you invite me to a 'white elephant' gift exchange this year, these little guys may be part of my gag gift!

I won't even go into details regarding the huge brown butterfly Fern and Nalani put into my hair while Nalani was doing my "do" for my wedding reception in Seattle....ghastly....

8 comments:

Eden said...

Hahaha.

I totally forgot about the butterfly thing.

That's hilarious.

Holly Strong said...

I did not know about the butterflies! You are one weird woman Carrie...LOL! I can't wait to see those cute gifts. I wish I had a cool sister in law that brought me decorations. Do you think Fern will adopt me?!?!?

Jess said...

I remember your wedding reception, sort of. My mom made a fruit basket out of a watermelon and attached butterflies to it for beauty.

The Buckley's said...

You are honestly hilariuos! That is so funny. I love pranks!

Anonymous said...

i had forgotten about the fruit basket with butterflies! if you can't make fun of the ones you love, who can you make fun of??!

Anonymous said...

Things were a little tense when Carrie discovered the big butterly in her hair just before the wedding open house, but the rest of us thought it was hilarious!

Curtis and Shandy said...

Oooooh now I know what to get you for Christmas. Butterflies, fatty meat, christmas colors at your birthday. You are a odd duck. You probably don't even like ducks also.

Anonymous said...

For Carrie...today's purchasing word of the day is "Penile Clamp"