Friday, November 02, 2007

It's Official...

We are pet owners. Now, don't get too excited, we've had these pets since early August but I thought they would have been flushed down the toilet by now!

We were keeping "no name" and "grandma" in a regular fish bowl until yesterday. It was a fine system: When we couldn't see the fish anymore because the water was so brown, we'd clean the fish bowl. But...Sam felt bad for the fish and he took the kids to Walmart and bought an actual tank with a filter:


I must admit, the fish are nicer to look at now because the tank stays much cleaner! "Grandma" is the fish on top, can you see her gray fin? That's why Carson named her "grandma". But one day, they are going to go "belly up" and now I'm going to feel pressure to buy replacement fish. Until the tank I had it all planned out. I would say "well kids, fish don't live forever...let's return the bowl to Fern now." and that would be the end of my fish-owning days! What's next, a hamster? A bird? It's just a vicious cycle!

On another topic

Carson has become addicted to pulling his teeth. It's rather freaky. One of his top front teeth was BARELY loose. Carson made it his mission to yank the rascal before the night was through! Did you know that using a twisting motion will get the tooth out quicker than the rocking back and forth motion? Hmmm, learn something new every day... Once again, he pulled it out without fanfare and now he has a face only a mother could love! KIDDING, he is adorable!

4 comments:

laura said...

ah the joys of owning a fish...my sister bought a puppy in march and "couldn't handle having to mess with the stupid fish" so i was duped into taking hers!

Susan said...

We have flushed two fish down the toilet. Both of them came from Tracie. But one lasted for almost a full year. And, Carson, I think "Grandma" is a very creative name.

Anonymous said...

Love the fish tank, and believe me, fish are less messy than other pets! I'm quite flattered to have a fish named after me--course I probably share that honor with Fontella!

Amelia said...

I love the name of Grandma for the gray finned fish. Carson and his teeth... your comment of how he has a face only a mother could love, I cracked up laughing when I read that!