Sunday, November 16, 2008

Catching Up

I just have a bunch of random pictures and odds and ends to catch up on so here we go.

I've been a bit frazzled with work lately. Friday morning my alarm woke me up and I noticed Sam was still sleeping, which is bad. He is usually gone before I wake up. I shook his shoulder and exclaimed "You missed your bus!". He said "no I didn't, I took the day off." I couldn't believe he surprised me like that! It was wonderful because he totally took care of the kids all day so I could just focus on work. What a great husband!

He took Parker and Cameron to the park and got a few shots:

I guess it was a little chilly....


My favorite picture, so typical! Apparently Sam wanted him to drop 2 feet to the ground and Parker had other ideas.


Artsy


I've been meaning to blog a few items Carson has come home from school with for the past month and I just kept forgetting! So, without any further ado...

This page was full of "Problem" and "Solution" puzzle pieces. This is how far Carson got:

Problem: "William wants to fly, but he can't"


Solution: "Climbed a tree, happy about his plan."


Problem: "Sad and bored, William got laughed at."


Solution: um, well, I guess once you are in a tree, bored, and being laughed at, you are at a dead end my friend. No solution for you!


Here's another gem. Carson brought his spelling test home this past week.

Don't you just hate it when you forget the "r" in 'shirt'?


I wonder what his teacher thought?

Sam likes to freeze Parker's toys in water sometimes. No rhyme or reason as to why, but it always makes me laugh. The other day he froze Parker's Ben 10 toy, 'echo echo'. It was sweet.



On Friday night Sam and I went to Tepanyaki with some long-time friends. It was so much fun, thanks to everyone who came and played! Let's do it again soon!


This here is Natalie. Natalie and her husband set Sam and I up on our first AND second blind date. Good thing they kept trying! I remember on our second blind date (long story), Sam was like 4 hours late because he ran out of gas. Natalie's husband, Neal, looked at me and said "This is quite normal for Sam. If you can't handle it, run away now." 10+ years later, I'm glad I didn't run!



I have some awesome pictures of everyone catching shrimp in their mouths, but because I want my friends to STAY my friends, I won't post them.

I've been having some fun with the picnik website:





Have a great week!

11 comments:

Amy B. said...

What do you do for work? And I too love picnik...it's so fun!

Jess said...

haha! parker looks like he's having a mug shot.. going to jail?

PrincessKatie said...

That spelling test is way to funny. Sounds like something Hailey would do. At least our kids keep us laughing! Cute pictures!

The Airharts said...

That picnik is addicting! Love the spelling test and the freezing of toys-you guys share our same kind of humor!Love it all.

cathy said...

Nice spelling test. It reminds me of a "birds and bees" book that my neice has. They describe a certain male body part saying, "It's like 'peanuts', but without the 't'!".

Ambyr said...

What a nice husband! Tell Carson not to worry about the "r" in shirt, I've said that word too!

Natalie said...

Poor William. He thinks he can fly by jumping out of a tree. I think the kids were laughing at him because he broke his leg.

It was so fun hanging out with you guys this past weekend! When I woke up Saturday morning, I realized I'm not quite the party animal I used to be. I think I was out a little too late.

I'm glad you didn't run away from Sam. He needed a good wife.

Ginger said...

Thanks for the picnik link. I want to try it and it seems that Cafe Rio and stairs don't really mix. Or do they?

Susan said...

Carrie,
We made your cinnamon rolls. Very yummy!

Unknown said...

Needed a laugh, so I stopped by, and as always, you didn't disappoint!
I love that Sam freezes the kids' toys! I can totally see Jarom doing that! LOL

I've actually never heard of picnik, so thanks for posting about it! I LOVE photo editing, so I'm going to frequent that site now!

Mrs. B said...

HI, I am Nalani's cousin on the Oram side. Sometimes I check you out just for fun.
I am a teacher and I am telling you, we LIVE for tests like that!
I also loved the problem-solution puzzles, very cute, I need to try that.