Sunday, November 09, 2008

Hide And Go Seek

One of life's lessons my kids have taught me:

This afternoon Carson and Parker were playing hide and go seek. I should point out that my kids are hard core players of this game. They absolutely will NOT reveal their location, even if you are begging them to show themselves. There is no such thing as "I give up" or "Ollie Ollie Oxen Free". Trust me, I've 'lost' my kids more than once, only to find out much, much later, that they were playing the game. Of course, a discussion ensued immediately afterwards that went something like "you have to TELL me we are playing hide-and-go-seek BEFORE you hide!"

Anyway, today while they were playing, I had to use the restroom. I walked into the *ahem* bathroom, locked the door and just as I was about to...well, you know....I had a strange feeling. I looked behind the shower curtain, and there was CARSON! I freaked out and said "why didn't you say something when you heard me come in and lock the door?!?" His reply: "I didn't want Parker to find me!" For the love.

Then later, Carson couldn't find Parker. We fully ate lunch and everything while Parker was still hiding because after calling his name a hundred times, he still wouldn't reveal himself. He finallhy appeared after we were almost done with lunch. I asked him where he was and he wouldn't tell me. I guess he figures that is a good spot for the next time he plays that game.

Sam and I got ourselves a new camera so this afternoon we took a few shots of Cameron, just to try and figure out the new features. We have a lot to learn, but so far I LOVE the camera!

We have the resolution/megapixel set pretty low right now, but I love this picture!


Hey, Sam and Cameron both have the same tuft of hair on their heads that sticks up. Cute!


Oh crimeny - I got roots to boot. D-A-M gray hair. It's impossible to maintain, especially for such a low-maintenance person like me. One day I'm just going to let it go all gray. I may also start eating prunes, talk about the 'good ol days' and warn everybody that a storm is coming because my knee hurts!


Tonight we had our monthly 'cousins dinner' at Nalani's house. It was lots of fun, as usual. Here is a cute picture of my cousin's little girl, Maddie. I'm going to go out on a limb here, I think she LOVES chocolate cake.


Uh........anybody got a tissue? Photoshop would be a good thing for me to learn how to use.

12 comments:

Amy B. said...

Carrie...I have this one spot by me ear that won't dye and it drives me nuts...Come to find out, it's because of my birthmark on my skin where it is...weird!

cathy said...

What cute pictures of Cameron. That new camera makes a difference. Maybe you can use the low-res shots when your hair is due for a color and it will all just blend together. Or you can just photoshop stuff like I do. You don't think my food really looks like that, right?

Nicole Marsh said...

I love that they won't come out for anything. I think that I would tell my kids to hide and then go take a nap.haha

Natalie said...

Yeah, tell your kids to go hide, then go shopping, or get your hair dyed. They'd be fine!

Ambyr said...

Cameron has got to be the cutest little boy! Don't worry about the hair, I don't have grey's but I also don't know what my natural color is and I'm a hair stylist! Pretty sad :). I love that your boys take hide and seek so seriously. That's totally hilarious!

Anonymous said...

you do have the cutest boys ever!! cameron is as sweet as his pictures and parker and carson are so fun to watch when they play together- such big imaginations!

Rose said...

Dang, that Cameron is cute! Helmet or not, he's got the cutest chubby cheeks I've ever seen.

Darren Clark said...

What camera did you buy?

Toni said...

Your family is so hardcore, I love it!

Carrie said...

Darren,
Canon Rebel xsi. costco was having a sweet deal...you'll have to show us some tricks when you are here for Thanksgiving!

Darren Clark said...

If it ever gets stuck making blue photographs, just throw it away.

Carrie said...

Very funny! Like I said, you need to enlighten me with your knowledge so I don't end up making a big mistake. We can't all be photography gurus ya know!