Monday, December 22, 2008

Cameron update

Remember this little guy?






Well, he's not so little any more.




He had his 9 month appt a few weeks ago. Here are the stats:
Weight: 20 lbs 1 ounce, 43%
Height: 28.5 inches, 60%
Head size: 18 inches, 63%

His weight stat shocked the heck out of me. He feels like 30 pounds at least! I guess I'm just extra whimpy, no shocker there.

Helmet update: We had an appointment with his cranial guy at the beginning of the month. He said his head was looking super good and just needed a little more "finesse". He's hoping we'll be done in 4-6 weeks. I have an appointment with the orthotist tomorrow so I'm excited to see what he thinks. The helmet itself hasn't been that bad, but Cameron's skin is so sensitive--he has red dots all over his head and face. I'm hoping once he's done with the helmet, and his skin can breathe better, his complexion will clear up.

Also, he's had a clogged tear duct in his left eye since he was born. If he turns one and it's still having problems, the doctor will probe it and clear it up. Not sure why they have to wait until 1. I figure if he's had the problem for 9 months, will another 3 months make that much difference?

Developmentally: totally behind the curve for other children his age. However, if you compare him to the other Sweet boys, he's right on schedule. Carson and Parker crawled around 10 months, walked at 15 months. Cameron is too dang laid back to bother with exerting any effort to obtain a toy that is just out of reach. He'd rather just look at a light or suck his fingers.

He does have some teeth though, his bottom two teeth are in, one "fang" on the top is in, another is pushing through, and one of his top front teeth has also pushed through. He's looking super goofy in the mouth and I love it!

Merry Christmas everyone!

10 comments:

Amy B. said...

Oh those eyes...so cute! And, my kids are all slow too...they're lazy like their mom!

Mary Ann said...

Brooklyn gets her helmet off in a week and a half....I'm so excited, but on the other hand it is going to suck she is really active and knocks crap on her head all the time to make noise. It's going to be really funny the first time she tries it...is that mean? Anyway long story short congrats on the news!

Ambyr said...

He's so cute and totally sweet (no pun intended. Good luck at the Dr. I think that Paityn is a little slow or at least she's slower than Austin! You just can't compare kids, they are all so different. At least Cameron doesn't still have his "soft spot"!!!!

Natalie said...

Hey, his slowness sounds like my kids. Seriously, they were meant for each other. All my girls crawled and walked really late. Kinda nice for church and household messes. Kids who just lay there like lumps don't seem to make big messes.

Natalie Service said...

Oh boy, he's a cutie! He already looks so grown up! Tatem wants to come and play again soon. She said she loves staring into a light or two.

Anonymous said...

"totally behind the curve for other children his age. However, if you compare him to the other Sweet boys, he's right on schedule." -What do you mean by that?!? You aren't going to be James, Rod, and Jeff's favorite sister in law if they hear about that comment....

The Airharts said...

Ummmm...my 5 1/2 month old is 22 lbs. see why I have the back problems! All I can say is that my kiddo better not be slow at the crawling walking thing because I can NOT keep carring him around!!! PS to make you feel better, this is only the second time I have done the christmas color thing, but I like the feel of it-I think I will try and start and do it every year-(did you see how simple the decorations year-It's not to much work when you hardly do anything-ha ha)

Anonymous said...

I love his eyes- we had so much fun with the boys sat- how was the body works?? i need to call you!

Susan said...

He was cute when he was a newborn but I think he is even cuter now.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

cutest kid hands down.