Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hork!

Hork is such a funny word. I use it to describe how I'm feeling when my tongue and mouth get all watery, right before I...well....hork. You know what I mean, right?
I feel that way every time I open the microwave and realize that the last thing cooked in there was a corn dog for Carson. Hork.
I also feel that way when I change Cameron's stinky diaper and the last thing he ate were carrots. Hork.
Oh, or how about the time I was pregnant with Carson and I was making potato salad? That was a good hork.
I could go on and on. But I won't.

I will show you something that made me want to hork tonight.


You probably thought I was going to show you something disgusting and vulgar, but just hear me out.

Carson kept telling me to look at him while I was making dinner (by "making dinner" I really mean "cooking corn dogs in the microwave....hork!). I kept glancing at him and thinking to myself "yeah....so what?"

But then he "undid" his arms and I realized.....HE HAD SPUN BOTH HANDS 360 DEGREES AND THEY WERE RESTING ON THE COUNTER THAT WAY! Seriously, on his left arm, right where the sleeve of his shirt meets his skin, that is his elbow folks. Hork.

I told him to slowly 'unwind' his hands so I could see. So he did. I like how Parker is trying to manipulate his hand as well during these pictures.






I told him he was freaking me out. He said "I know, maybe we need to see a doctor because I think something is wrong with my bones."

Hey, do you remember on Napolean Dynomite when Kip said "Your mom goes to college" in a really dorky, mocking way?

Well, tonight Carson was telling us about all the sauces you could get to go with your school lunch. It was like Bubba on Forrest Gump because he wouldn't stop describing sauces...."there's fry sauce, ranch dressing sauce, ketchup sauce, mustard sauce....." it literally went on and on and on. Out of NOWHERE, Parker said "Your mom has some sauce" and he said it in the EXACT same way as Kip on Napolean Dynomite! I could not stop laughing. It's not like he has ever watched that movie, I swear!

I was playing with my nifty camera and the "night portrait" setting. Do you remember that song "let there be peace on earth"? Here's my interpretive picture to that song. Ha Ha Ha!


Isn't my tree purdy?


Lastly, Christmas is one week from tomorrow. I think somebody is a LITTLE bit excited, what do you think???

10 comments:

Amy B. said...

Hork...That's Hilarious!!! I Hork whenever I wear a turtleneck...Hork!

PrincessKatie said...

Hork is a funny word. I gotta start using that one too just for laughs. Cute new pictures!

cathy said...

I must be in a weird mood because I'm laughing my head off at this post and Ed's looking at me like, well, he's about to hork. Things that make me want to hork: the smell of nacho cheese from a garbage can at an amusement park, bad public toilets (come on, people, would you not flush at home?!), and melted cheddar cheese that has pools of orange oil on the top. Hork!

Ed said...

I would really like to see Wicked, but I didn't get the chance to buy any tickets. How are you at Paying It Forward?

laura said...

i can't stand the smell of corndogs either due to making way too many for miss while i was pregnant!

i love that peace sign in the ornament. i'm super jealous of your fancy camera!

Marisa (rhymes with Teresa) said...

I need that camera! I'll be sending out our photo Christmas cards complete with red eye that I did not notice when I was previewing them on the computer or ordering them online. I was going for a cool night shot but didn't get it. Actually, maybe my camera has that feature and I just didn't activate it because I haven't read the owner's manual. It's a problem. At any rate, I love your new camera, Carrie. I'll probably talk about it with you when I see you Saturday! Have a good one.

Holly Strong said...

I love your reference to Napoleon. Tanner occasionally pulls a Dwight and we laugh like crazy. So very lame that we compare our kids to dorky people...oh well. But the other day Tanner did the, "Which is better Dad, a polar bear or a black bear." Without skippng a beat he said "Wrong, a grizzly bear." We didn't hear amymore since we were laughing too hard. And we don't let our kids watch the office. LOL

Toni said...

Love the ornament pic!!! I am glad that we all have funny words, my term of choice is "crapface" but I will need to change that soon because Will said it the other day.

Natalie said...

Great word! Fits perfectly. I'm laughing my head off at your description of Carson talking about all the sauces at school. Maybe he needs a jar of sauce in his stocking.

Unknown said...

What the???? I really don't understand how he can do that without being in agonizing pain! That's one talented kid you've got there!
Wow! Kuddos to Sam for standing in line for 6 hours. I'd say he gets the husband of the year award for that!