Friday, December 12, 2008

Seriously?!?!?

Tomorrow is my birthday, and for my birthday, I want tickets to see "Wicked", which comes to the Capitol Theatre in April and May of 2009. Tickets went on sale at the Capitol Theatre at 7am today.
Sam, being the awesome husband that he is, got up at 4am, got ready, and headed downtown to stand in line. He got in line at 5:30am and the line was already around the block and down the street!!!!!
Let's not forget it's 32 degrees outside, and he's already been standing in line for 3 hours. I just talked to him and he's about the 400th person in line right now.

Let's all say a little prayer for Sam. :)

If anybody is heading downtown this morning, can you bring him some hot chocolate?? Maybe a blanket? Ummmm, how about a battery operated space heater?

9 comments:

Jess said...

your husband is amazing.. happy birthday tomorrow! hope it's a good one!

Scott said...

So, was he successful?

Susan said...

Good luck, Sam!

laura said...

good ol' sam. such a nice guy!

happy birthday tomorrow!!!

Natalie said...

You must have imense confidence in Sam's manliness. I'm not talking about the guts to brave the cold weather. I'm talking about his vulnerability! Sending him out to stand around with musical fans. Male musical fans. One question. . . how many guys hit on him? This could make for a great story.

Toni said...

I am SOOOOOOOOO jealous if you get to go! Happy B-day tomorrow and if you go, you must give me a play by play in detail!!!

Holly Strong said...

I always knew Sam was a sucker...LOL! That is so cool Carrie. I really hope he gets tickets. I'm impressed he's not only standing in line, but he'll probably go with you to the show. I know Davis would only do it out of love, so I know Sam loves your VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

Ambyr said...

Did he get them? I hope for all is sacrifice that he does! I pretty sure that Nathan would tell me to find something else that I wanted because he would never do that for me!

Amy B. said...

Happy B-Day...and I hope Sam was successful! What a Guy!!!