Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

Yesterday was my birthday, the big 3-4. I had the day totally planned in my head. First we'd go to the Body World exhibit in Salt Lake, then to PF Chang's (oh so good), then later that night we'd have cake and ice cream at my parents house, where Sam would present Wicked Tickets to me. Doesn't that sound nice?

Well, things got a little wacky.

We woke up to a sweet snow storm. I was super happy about it because it was a long time coming. However, we had only driven a few miles towards Body World when we realized the snow storm was going to kick our can if we went any further. So, we rescheduled for next Saturday. We made the scary drive back home and ended up just hanging out for most of the day.

The kids had a blast jumping on the snow filled trampoline:





And yes, my ghetto tramp still has a huge hole in the middle of it, which was really cool because as they jumped and snow fell through the hole, it piled up on the ground. See? I love how it turned into a perfect pointy mound! If I'm being honest, and I'm all about honesty, I was secretly hoping one of the punks would slip and slide right through the hole. That just seems like such typical thing that would happen to them, but no such luck.


Once the kids were frozen, they decided to come inside. I then decided to get some pictures of all my boys.





Sick of looking at my kids yet? Here's some funny shots...
When this kid starts talking I better sharpen my wit-skills because I just know he's going to be dry and witty like his father!


Yeah, that's right, I'm talking about you Cameron!
You can kind of see his teeth. His mouth looks awesome right now, two bottom teeth and top fangs are coming in. Goof ball.


Don't even get me started on this kid...


See those cheeks? I kiss them about a thousand times a day. I can't help it. It's like a drug I can't get enough of!


Anyway, back to the birthday. By evening time I had decided that I needed a "redo" on my birthday because everything had fallen through...Body World, Lunch, due to the weather nobody from my family came to my parents house for cake and ice cream...I was feeling like such a loser!

But then I opened a few gifts that turned my frown upside down!

My parents hooked me up with a coat, which rocked. The last time I bought a coat was like 12 years ago. Let me put it this way, my old coat was in style, then out of style, and then back in style because I had it for so long. Now you can understand why I'm a good mother to boys...girls would have no patience for my shenanigans!

The most amazing part of the evening was right here.


After seeing what was inside this bag, I will never doubt that somebody loves me, unconditionally.


I know you've all heard me talk about Fern a lot. Well, Fern is easy to talk about because she is so wonderful and such an integral part of my life. After Fern learned about Sam standing in line for 6 hours to get tickets to 'Wicked' she decided to do something that I'll never be able to comprehened. She had gotten tickets a few weeks ago through her boss, and so she decided to give us her tickets instead of keeping them for herself! I of course had no idea about this whole story while opening my present.

I was completely confused, and as Sam relayed the entire story, I was totally choked up. Fern is such an amazing example of selfless love! She never expects anything in return, she just truly wants others to be happy. I'm still totally in shock, what an amazing weekend and birthday! Thanks Fern, this totally makes up for all the butterfly crap you give me! ha ha ha! Seriously though, everybody needs a "Fern" in their life!


By the way, Coldstone's peanut butter cup cake....totally blog-worthy!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks totally goes to dr j- without his pesistance there would be no tickets!! AND-you make my brother happy and have given me 3 wonderful boys to love-- and listen to all my bantering.... you make it easy to be nice!!! love ya!!

Holly Strong said...

When Davis told me about the tickets I got all teary eyed. What an amazing "Fern" you have. I'm so glad you birthday ended up AMAZING. I know even without the tickets you would've been happy with your birthday, you are such an awesome person Carrie. Happy BIRTHDAY!!!! Glad someone enjoyed the snow...LOL my kids didn't get to go out in it.

Toni said...

I think I need some of that ridiculous cake!!!!

Rose said...

Hey, you Fernified your birthday! That was very fernly of Fern to pass those tickets on to you! Ferntastic!

cathy said...

Wow what a great story. Perfect for testimony meeting! /

Kristi said...

Wow Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you got your Wicked tickets. I was way bummed we didn't get and told Jason he could surprise me with some in LA for Christmas:)

I hate when b-days don't turn out!

Ambyr said...

Fern sounds amazingly awesome! I think the world needs more people like her. Your boys are totally cute, but I really think it's going to be Parker that will give you the run for your money when he's older! Happy birthday! I'm glad to hear that the day was rescued for you!

Amy B. said...

Yay Fern...way to save the day!

Nicole Marsh said...

That cake looks so good! I am glad that you were able to get tickets!

Natalie said...

Yeah, happy burfday! I knew all about he tickts before you did! What a bad, then good birthday.

Anonymous said...

Chris Barton said...

The Lord works in mysterious ways!

Thomas said...

Happy Bday! Tell Sam we loved his Christmas letter and it is our favorite so far. If Robin writes a Bell Family Letter, her's might beat it out. -Maile

Sarah said...

If only Fern blogged...she'd be perfect!!!! I love that story!