Monday, December 01, 2008

The Last of the Weekend

Here's what we did to end the Thanksgiving weekend:

Saturday afternoon the troops, AKA my kids and nephews, were getting restless. So, we did what any restless group would do.
We bought a whole bunch of Diet Coke and mentos.

Check out Carson's face, he cracks me up!


Guess what Diet Coke and 10 minty mentos tastes like? Well, actually, I'm not sure. However, if you ask Parker he could tell you!


My camera caught some cool Diet Coke foam shots:




Saturday night we headed to Salt Lake to see the lights on Temple Square.

These next pictures were all taken by my brother, Darren.

Darren didn't bring his camera so we happily let him use ours! Here are some of my favorite photos he shot:

Nativity in the reflection pond, in front of the temple


Lights on trees, framing the temple


Boys boys boys: Ethan, Jacob, Kevin, Parker, Carson


My two favorite pictures of the night:



I took one of the above pictures and brightened the leaves from the "picnik" website. Which one do you like better? Original or enhanced leaves?


Now I need to get serious about Christmas...I'm thinking I may blog all the neighbor treats I get this year. That will be fun, don't you think? One of my favorite things about December is coming home from somewhere and looking on the front porch for neighbor goodies. I have a great neighborhood and great friends for this hobby of mine! Yay!!!

15 comments:

laura said...

hey! we were at temple square saturday night! too bad we didn't see you!

Anonymous said...

what a terrible, horrible waste of diet coke!! sob, sob (by sob, I mean with a tear... I know what your thinking!!) --carson face is the expression that is burned into my memory!! I like the enhanced leaves- love the first one- it is now my new background at work- thanks darren!! I promise, no money will be gained or exchanged- thanks for letting us watch cam sat. night- can you post the video of him i sent you- still cracks me up!!!

Natalie said...

Oh, I miss Temple Square. I'm sad that my kids won't grow up with that tradition every year.

Ok, so if I just moved to your neighborhood, I would be a little nervous about my new truant neighbors. One day of chucking pumpkins, and another of coke geysers. Glad to see that you use your bored time wisely. Good memories. I bet some of the neighbor kids are jealous about the cool Sweet mom and dad who do cool things that cause messes and destruction.

Natalie Service said...

I had to block your blog from Ian. If he sees all that Diet Coke watering your lawn and not his hourly craving then there is no telling what could happen. As for me, because it was not Dr. Pepper, then I say have all the fun you want with those momentos!

The lights pictures turned out great!

And, If I were your neighbor, you could blog my store bought double stuffed oreos that I'd be leaving on your door step. Yum!

PrincessKatie said...

How fun. I am sad you wasted that much diet coke but the reactions of diet coke and mentos are oh so much fun. Cute picturs!

Amy B. said...

Diet Coke and mentos is verrrry gross...kind of like diet coke flavored kool-aid...real sugary! Thanks for the recipe...

THE BANGARTS said...

The person that comes to clean your neighborhood must just LOVE you! Hey, it's job security.

My father in law would be crying along side Fern and Ian as he watched that DC go to waste. Ian might be standing under it with his mouth open though. You guys have too much fun!

Connie and Mike said...

Hurrah for the lost DC :)

I'm a Pepsi girl and have been as long back as I can remember... my momma was a Pepsi girl too :)

And a quick response for the mess... the snow plows will soon cover it all up and make it pretty again ... LOL

You up for a fruit cake??? hahah

Anonymous said...

It sounds like people think we just left the messes we made around our house. Carrie neglected to post the other half of the fun for the kids was cleaning it all up (I'm including us with the kids). I think our streets are cleaner now than they were before we started. If ANYONE knows Carrie they know it was cleaned up. Besides, we can't bank on any snow this year covering anything up.

Anonymous said...

Next spring we're going to throw rocks at our windows!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like the original pic with the orange leaves.

Anonymous said...

...and Carrie smells nice today

cathy said...

That weekend would be what we in the literature business call a "dichotomy".
Oh, and the enhanced is cool.

Amy said...

The pictures at temple square are beautiful!

It looks like you had a great time with the coke gysers!

Susan said...

Great photography, yours and Darren's. There was still plenty of Diet Coke left on the store shelves for all you DC lovers.