Sunday, December 07, 2008

Parkerisms & Making Candy!

The past few days Parker has done some funny stuff so I thought I better blog it before it's forgotten.

1. Parker knows how to spell his name, but he doesn't necessarily recognize letters. The other day Sam showed Parker the letters "S, W, E, E, T" and asked him what it said. Without even a moments hesitation, he said "I dunno", in other words, "don't know, don't care."

Sam patiently had Parker sound out each letter. Then he said "Okay Parker, now what does it say?" Parker kept saying stuff like "weet" or "ssss" but he would never say "Sweet". Again, Sam patiently tried going over it again. Finally, Parker had enough. He looked at Sam and exclaimed "Ugghhhh! You're wasting my time!" For the love.

2. Fern bought Carson and Parker some Christmas shirts to wear this month. She brought them over on Friday. Here they are:


We were trying to get Parker to memorize what his shirt says. Fern read it to him like 10 times. Then she said "What does your shirt say?" Parker said "I'll knock you off for a dollar?" It struck me as so funny I had tears rolling down my face. I was just glad he didn't say "I'll knock you up for a dollar" or something like that! Later that day I again said "Hey Parker, what does your shirt say?" He replied "I'll give you a naughty dollar!" Oh my crud, what a nut job. Finally last night he nailed it "I'll get you off the naughty list for a dollar!" Phew.

3. And finally....
This afternoon I went to my parents house to make a bunch of candy. I hauled everything in, including three kids because Sam had church meetings all day. I finally got everything in and settled when I hear Parker wail from the bathroom "Mooooommmmmm! I peed my pants!" I was so annoyed! First, to Parker's credit, he has only had this experience about 4 times in his life. He's got great control. Anyway, I don't know what happened, but the damage was done. I had to strip him down, wrap a towel around him like a dress, and haul him back home to get some clean clothes. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. While driving home I called Sam's cell phone to vent. Sam felt bad for me so he suggested I drop Cameron off at the church so he could take care of him. I happily agreed to this new arrangement. As I was driving towards the church Parker nervously said "Is dad going to see me?!?" I confirmed that he was, and Parker got all embarrassed about his towel-dress. So, as Sam opens the van door, Parker totally pretends he's asleep! I about died! Sam said "Hey Parker, did you pee your pants?" Parker doesn't even crack a smile. He just had his head back on his seat with his eyes closed. Sam said a few more things which didn't change Parker's sleeping ploy. Finally Sam said "Parker! Candy!!" Without missing a beat or changing his facial expression, Parker slowly held his hand out for the candy! We laughed our guts out, shut the door, and Parker STILL never opened his eyes or said anything about it. It wasn't until I was driving back to my parents house that Parker opened his eyes and went about his non-sleeping business.

Oh boy, that child is going to cause me lots of laughs and groans as he gets older I think!

I finally did get around to making some candy. Between yesterday and today, I made white chocolate popcorn, caramels, toffee, and nougat. Let me just tell you, I'm tired! Now I just need to cut it, wrap it, package it, and pass it out to neighbors. Yay!

Here's some shots of the goods:





Oh yeah! We received our first "neighbor treats" tonight! Thanks Nat and Ryan! We love you guys!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMM-O!! I can always count on you to make me laugh- parker is so funny!! love it!

cathy said...

Won't you be my neighbor?

Jess said...

can i be your neighbor?

parker is HILARIOUS!! i just love that kid..

Anonymous said...

Cameron was a big hit at tithing settlement, thanks for letting me borrow him. I like that Parker switches up singing I Am a Child of God and the Ben 10 these song whenever we're driving.

Anonymous said...

theme song, not these song

Natalie said...

Oh, that Parker. Love the shirts.

It sounds like you had a wonderful day of rest. That's a load of shnikness. I call Monday my day of rest now.

Rose said...

Way to be creative Parker! I'm going to have to try that one on my kids! (the pretend sleeping, not peeing my pants) LOL

Meridith O. said...

Wow....you are busy woman! Sheesh, I can't believe you actually made all that. Do we get some? :)

Marisa (rhymes with Teresa) said...

Hey, have you posted your toffee recipe? I'd like to have a good toffee recipe. Thanks for the laughs.

holly said...

Oh my, I just love Parker more than you'll know. Chad and I have said more than once we wish we could "hold back" kids in primary like you do at school because we'd totally keep Parker. He cracks us up! And he's an angel. How do you teach a 4 year old to be so well behaved?

SSSlack said...

hey - I'm your favorite neighbor and I haven't seen any treats on my doorstep! LOSE MY ADDRESS?!? St. George is not big enough for you to get lost! You could even mail it to me - I'll pay the postage ;)
StillLuvYaAnyway.....Shauna

Susan said...

I want to be your neighbor too.

Amy B. said...

So I am fixin' to make some nougat...wish me luck!

PrincessKatie said...

Hey I don't have your email but ginger and I were planning on going to lunch on Friday to the McDonalds on 90th South and 40th west about noon if you want to join us. Anyone is welcome!