Saturday, January 24, 2009

Guns & Hoses, 2nd Time

Today was the annual Guns and Hoses hockey game between the fire fighters and police officers. We went last year and were happy to return again this year. Our friend Chad Burnside plays for the Hoses. Unfortunately, they kind of got hosed....sorry Chad! The Guns won 11 to 4. However, it was a fantastic time. Kind of a reunion of old time friends - Gilmore's, Burnside's, and we even saw the Page family. Way fun!

It boggles my mind that anybody can actually stand on ice comfortably, let alone play hockey on it.


I remember we took Carson ice skating once...he lasted 5 minutes, crying the whole time, and then we got our money back and left. I think he was 4 or 5 years old. I'm not willing to try it again, anytime soon. Yes, I'm mean like that.

Here's Chad diving for the puck.


Here's Chad swiping some dude's legs out from under him.


Here's Chad looking on as most of his team and the other team got into a huge fight. It was awesome.


Sam was having fun with the camera. Can you tell?

Here's our friend Ed. You may not recognize him here since he's not flipping off the camera...


Here's a guy that was sitting a few rows in front of us. I thought his bone structure was kind of bizarre at the base of his head. That's kind of how Cameron's head feels to me...let's hope he has hair when he's older!


On the way home tonight it was very foggy. Eagle eye Sam saw these freaky deer on the side of the road. We saw them next to a chemical plant. I'm thinking those eyes are glowing for a different reason than my camera flash!


By the way, thanks for the helmet suggestions. Very fun! I've actually added his helmet to his toy box. He loves to play with it!



The first night Cameron went to bed without his helmet was kind of rough. He cried a lot. At about midnight I went in to check on him and he had pulled the bumper pads around his head, from ear to ear, and finally went fast asleep! I couldn't believe it! I put the bumper pads back where they go. The next morning around 7am I went to check on him again. He had pulled the pads right back on top of his head again....security for the head. So weird. Thank goodness he has gotten used to it now, the doctor was right, he probably forgot he ever had a helmet.


Every time I try to get precious pictures of my kids, they never cooperate.




And finally, I got the greatest surprise in the mail the other day! My awesome Aunt Jana randomly sent me this:


I was totally laughing before even opening the card! A penguin loofah scrubber?!? That is SWEET! I collected penguins when I was in High School. Very fun that she remembered that! Her card says it all: "Silly things that are useful are my favorite". I concur! Thanks Jana! You are super awesome cool! I can't wait to start scrubbing stuff. :)

5 comments:

cathy said...

Yes, Ed has a soft side, too. Tell you what, those deer are freaky! I'm under their power as I type...

Natalie said...

Cameron is like Neal and his bald head. He wears a beanie around the house and to bed all winter long. I think Neal has gotten used to having his head covered at night. Poor Cameron. First it was torture getting used to the dang thing, then you trick him and take it away. Good thing for their short memories.

Anonymous said...

The hockey game is definately the best place to see firemen and police officers get into a brawl...in front of your house while it's burning or being robbed is NOT the best place. Thanks Chad for saving that goal. 12-4 would have been outright embarrasing.

This is the most unbiased opinion a person can have, but my boys are pretty much the cutest kids...on this planet anyway. Oh wait, I was looking at the deer. Let me get back to you on that.

...and one last comment. I cracked my cookie to see my fortune for the near future (I know it doesn't come true if you break the cookie to get it out) and to my startled surprise I got this...."Your lucky number for the week is seven". WHAT?! What the blankey-blank is that? I hope the computer that spit that out was quickly beaten with a hatchet and put on display as an example for all the other computers to see if they ever put out junk like that. Lucky seven what? My wife will be home in seven days? In seven hours I'll get a phone call that I've inherited a fortune from my 2nd cousin in Maine? Put money down that the Cardinals win by seven? Lucky number seven isn't a fortune, it's not even a suggestion or good advice!

Toni said...

I cannot believe he did that with the bumpers. Who would have thought that he would have missed that feeling on top of his head. I need to get have my sister make him a sweet beanie to replace the helmet. I will get on that.

Susan said...

Random, surprise things are the best things to get in the mail.