Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Could Be...

Right now, I could be going to bed, washing bottles, taking out the trash (crap, it's garbage night), catching up on some reading (who am I kidding), or ironing some of Sam's shirts (seriously, who am I kidding??). Instead, I think I'll do a quick blog update.

On Sunday, we fit 21 people into my house. The culprit? Cousins Dinner! Once again Shandy, my awesome sister-in-law, created the annual schedule of cousins dinners. Each month has a theme. We rotate houses. Each person brings a main dish and a side dish. The host provides paper goods, a main dish, and dessert. Every month has a theme! This month it was "breakfast foods". I love breakfast for dinner so I was thrilled to host this one.

Halfway through the night my mom asked why we weren't taking any pictures. BLAST! Thanks for the reminder mom! The next words out of my mouth: Sam, will you take some pictures? He's a good hubby.

We let the kids eat in the kitchen, because even though my carpet is blue, I need it to last.

So the adults ate in the living room. There are better pictures of our group, but this one makes me laugh the most. We all look so sullen. I promise we had a good time!


I absolutely love how everyone's kids play so well together. Right now we have 3 babies, under the age of 11 months. Let's hope Cash, Cameron, and Kai play as well as the older kids in about 2 years! I personally am so grateful for Meridith because she brought some girls into the mix of kids. All these boys were freaking me out!

Some of the crazy kid crew:




Anyway, it was super nice to see everyone again. We didn't starve, we never do...


So, on Sunday, Parker embarrassed me.

After taking the water during the sacrament, Parker put his cup back in the water tray, and then pumped his arm up and down and said, kind of loud, "Chug! Chug! Chug!" Oh my, I could have died. He keeps me humble.

Today as Parker was eating lunch, out of nowhere, he said "I hate it when girls LOVE me!" There you have it ladies, play hard to get with him, then he might like you.

Here are some shots from tonight. Cameron doesn't seem to miss his helmet anymore, but we are left with a bad case of cradle cap. Not sure what happened, but that helmet came off and the scalp became kind of scaly. I tried putting baby oil on his head and combing his hair over and over during his bath tonight. I'll see how it looks tomorrow. Anybody else have suggestions for getting rid of it? It's pretty much driving me wacko.





One of the many reasons I love my new camera: Parker was jumping up and down, spinning in circles, and acting totally crazy. I just started taking shot after shot, and they all turned out pretty clear. Plus the lighting was terrible, but I think the pictures look somewhat good! Amazing!



And finally, just for the journaling aspect of this blog, here are some things Cameron has been doing lately.

He has 4 goofy teeth on top, and 2 on bottom.
He can clap his hands and play "Patty Cake".
He plays Peek-A-Boo and when he covers his face with a blanket, he laughs in a really high-pitched shriek.
He can say "mama" "dada" "hi" "uh-oh" and tons of jibberish. When he holds his stuffed animal dog he says "goggy". It could be a coincidence, but it sounds like "doggy".
His left tear duct is still clogged.
He can roll all over the place, and he can scoot a little tiny bit on his belly, but he doesn't seem anywhere close to crawling.
He loves to just stand next to the couch, holding on the cushion.
He likes pretty much every kind of food I have given him so far.
I think he likes Carson the best in our family, it's very fun to watch.
He laughs about 600 times a day, music to my ears!

8 comments:

Eden said...

Have you tried using a toothbrush on the cradle cap? Obviously you'd want an old one (or a new one that will be dedicated to that purpose--unless you want to give Sam a "nice" surprise)!

Anyway, the soft bristles work really well without scratching up the scalp.

Anonymous said...

you forgot my favorite- he will dance with you... and he knows how to groove!! oh ya, and he loves his aunt fern!! ---ok, and anybody else!

Toni said...

I LOVE "Brinner" (breakfast for dinner for all of you who do not watch scrubs) Looks like you had fun. I seriously had my sister start on a beanie for your babe so he will have it soon.

Ginger said...

I have used olive oil and a toothbrush before and that worked.

Rose said...

Seriously, what was in that breakfast recipe? banana, hash browns, bacon and cheerios! Inquiring minds want to know!lol

Trish said...

Dandruff shampoo usually clears up cradle cap very quickly. I used to use it for Gabby back in the day it worked great. You just have to watch the eyes!

Anonymous said...

My pediatrician said go for the Nuetrogena dandruff shampoo. I can't remember the exact name, but I used it only a couple times with Owen when he had cradle cap at only a few months old, and it works wonders. Like the last commenter said, you have to watch the eyes. I continued to use it on Owen for quite a while because I was so worried that it would come back. Hope that helps. Oh, another thing my pediatrician told me to do was to rub hydrocortizone cream on it. (I did this at night, and then bathed him in the morning.)
Good Luck!

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Oh I was all excited to share my insightful advice and looks like 2 others already beat me to it. Dandruff shampoo works like a charm. I think it was gone after the second wash for CJ... give er' a whirl! Your posts are so funny!