Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Quite Possibly The Saddest Photo Ever

I'm keeping it real.

Today was a rough one. Cameron is still recovering from Croup. He's pretty much got a super, terrible, really bad cold. But he's a baby, so he can't just drink half a bottle of Nyquil and say "see ya'll next week!"

Enter....The Mother

The Mother is supposed to be nurturing, caring, loving, patient, kind...sigh.

However, THIS mother also works a ton of hours from home. THIS mother also has 2 other children who were home all day, thanks to year-round school. While Cameron was screaming, and had runny boogies down to his chin, Parker decided to be athletic.

We ALL know that "Parker" and "athletic" don't really make a good pair. He jumped high in the air, tried to do a 360, got dizzy after about a 195, and landed on my magazine rack. This isn't your average rack...this baby is wrought iron.

So, remember, I got boogied up Cameron screaming, and now I have Parker screaming. My first thought is "Sam has the car today, I don't have transportation to go get stitches". I'll admit, my first thought SHOULD have been "Poor Parker, let me love him and make the pain go away."

Right amidst the chaos, Sam calls. "Hey Carrie! How's your day?" A perfect wife would answer "It's great honey, take your time coming home tonight, I know you are busy. I'll be sure and have dinner on the table whenever you arrive."

But the REAL me says "Ummmmm, it's been a hard day. Come home as soon as possible. I have to go now....click"

Like I said. I'm keeping it real.

Luckily Parker didn't need stitches, but this picture makes me laugh because it's so sad (Yes, I'm weird. Tell me something I don't know). I actually took the picture for Parker because he wanted to see his 'owie' and he couldn't see it in the mirror. Look at his tears! Somebody, give the poor boy a hug!


Here's a closer look:


He's used to getting hurt though, so one band-aid later and a few funny faces by Carson and me and Parker had totally forgotten about his chin.

I really wish Cameron would forget about his man-cold. I went through an entire box of tissues in about 5 days. I also have washed my hands about 27 times today, I'm serious. You should see my dry, cracked hands. I'm desperate NOT to get sick. How can I be the wonderful, caring and compassionate mother if I get sick too?

Oh....wait.....hmmmmm, maybe I should start taking Vitamin C as well....

10 comments:

The Airharts said...

Ouch that looks like it hurts! I like that you keep it real for us. I dont know how you do the working at home thing! I'm impressed!PS-did you finally get my invite-I made a typo the firdt time and noticed it yesterday-I re sent it.

Anonymous said...

owwweeee! you do need a break- if your up to it we'll have dinner tonight too-

Toni said...

Yikes, you did have a bad day. I hope that you have a better one today and that you sweet little Cam is feeling better. Little Mo is basically back to normal after 24 hrs of being on the amoxicilin.

Anonymous said...

That first picture shows Parker's "I'm so sad and I'm about to yawn" mouth. I'm such a good husband for calling and asking how your day was going! Carrie needs a vacay...

Holly Strong said...

UGH, I so understand. Davis had a cold last week...Bennett got it...yay for me. And now I have it. I think the worse part is the lack of sleep. I'm not sleeping well, Bennett isn't sleeping well and well, I am one cranky mama! I seriously hope you don't get sick

Natalie said...

Oh, so sorry. But your blog post made it seem kinda funny. Just think, someday you'll look back and say to yourself, "days like that suck. Wait. I still have days like that. I guess life sucks." I hope Cameron gets better. Poor thing.

Ambyr said...

Oh goodness that looks painfull! Good luck and if you want the boys can come over and play here with Austin anytime to give you a break!

Thomas said...

My family will laugh that I am putting this comment on. Eat Nancy's yogurt. Buy a big tub of vanilla Nancy's yogurt. It will knock your socks off....but this is the first year I have not been sick cause I eat it faithfully everyday, with a shot of maple syrup mixed in to take the edge off....it is like no other yogurt. The live cultures in it fend off everything. I swear by it. -Maile

Carl and Pat said...

...she failed to mention that she also keeps close tabs on the folks--love you, daughter!

cathy said...

Oh Carrie, that totally sucks. I also hate dealing with snot. Here's wishing you a snot-free day!