Monday, January 05, 2009

Yep, Fern Won

Yep, that picture from my last post was of the main rotor hub on a helicopter. Fern (and Russ) won so I made them bread. It's my new favorite recipe, I made it again last night. Super easy, but amazingly good!

Sam took the boys to the Life Flight hangar on Friday. I have to say, I absolutely love all the Life Flight employees. They are always so good to my boys, including Sam! They stop what they are working on and give a 1st class tour every single time Sam shows up.

They sit in the airplanes and helicopters and patiently explain the answer to every question that gets fired at them.


In this picture, the pilot taught Parker how to move and adjust the spot light located below the helicopter. That's what Carson is intently staring at.


I guess at one point the pilot started the engine on the helicopter while Parker was sitting in it. Parker didn't cry, but Sam said it totally freaked him out! He couldn't get Parker to sit in the helicopter after that. Let's hope Parker never needs the helicopter for a medical rescue or he may not let them save him!


On Saturday Sam took the boys sledding. This picture takes me back to my childhood:


We always had saucers to sled with and I always ended up going down the hill backwards!

The sledding didn't last long. Parker was happier sitting on his bum, going at the speed of a sloth, down the hill.


And Carson, decided to bury himself in the snow, instead of sledding backwards on it.


Oh well, to each his own.

This week we are going to focus on getting everyone healthy. Cameron is still trying to recover from Croup, Parker randomly started puking yesterday, and Carson has a cough that rattles the whole house. Sheesh!

Oh, and guess what? For my Christmas present, my parents hired a maid for a one-time deal and she came and cleaned my house on Saturday. It was so nice to come home to a gleaming house, and I wasn't the one who had to do it! She even cleaned my blinds! SCORE!

Well, winter has struck once again, time to go shovel the driveway...maybe...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are some great sledding shots! almost makes me want to be there.... as soon as i warm up from the last two days!!

Anonymous said...

The boys were troopers to let me drag them around, but then again, who wouldn't want to hang out with me on a lazy day?!

Ambyr said...

Don't you just love the maid service! It was the best present that I think I have ever gotten!!!!!

Ginger said...

I need to find out what company that maid service was. We need one for our blinds and such. That helicopter day would be a riot for little boys. How fun!

The Airharts said...

Thats a good husband to take the boys sledding for you-if we had snow I would make jake take Hadley!

Amy B. said...

I think your biased cuz Fern always wins...BOOOHOOOO!!!