Sunday, January 11, 2009

Saturday Fun

First of all, thanks to everyone for your sympathy and support regarding last week's ailments and frustrations! Everyone is healthy now for the most part. Cameron is just trying to get rid of his runny nose and the last of his congested cough. His attitude is a little better, thank goodness, and I'm pretty sure the happy days are coming soon! Phew!

Yesterday Sam decided to clean out the garage, so while he was outside, I decided to try and get Carson and Parker involved in a snowball fight. It was pretty funny. Parker would hide behind trees and stand as still as a statue while Carson tried to find him and pound him with an icy snowball. I wasn't much help because I would point Carson in the right direction and then we'd see Parker scream and squeal like a little girl as he ran away. Surprisngly, nobody was seriously wounded and we all had some pretty good laughs.

My favorite part was when Sam was trying to hit Parker with a snowball. He threw four at Parker and missed, all four times. Finally Parker said, in the most innocent voice ever, "What are you trying to hit?". Gotta love that Parker!

For some reason, Parker also decided to plant his face into the snow and then look at his face indentation. See?


Here is the result:


That picture freaks me out because it's like an optical illusion. Sometimes when I look at it it looks like his nose truly is indented into the snow. Other times it looks like the nose is 3-D and coming out of the snow.

Saturday night we went to our friends house, the Hildebrand's. I hope Laura has recovered today because it was a mighty crazy evening! Cameron was fussy britches and cried a lot, hopefully we're invited back over one day!

The kids had a blast, my kids never hang out with girls (because they have cooties) so when there are girly toys around, they totally have a blast!

At one point we looked into the toy room and found Kennedy and Ady dressing up Parker. They put an apron on him, some funky D.I. glasses, and a flower lei. Check out his face? Totally hysterical! Not to mention the tea party going on at the same time, and that naked Barbie on the floor....oh my, I was dying!


Davis, is this really fair competition? Pick on somebody your own size! I can just hear Davis now "come on Matthew, place air hockey with me! I'll even keep one hand in my pocket!" Hey, I just noticed that there are 3 kids hiding under the air hockey table! That's funny, I had no idea. I bet that was loud under there.


Anywho, thanks to Tom and Laura for letting us crash your place and thanks to Holly and Davis for organizing the dinner! Good times! I'm glad Tom had the Jazz game recorded because there was no way he could actually hear what was going on while we were there!

13 comments:

Rose said...

Love the snow indent picture! I'll have to try that on my boys! lol

Natalie Service said...

ok - I've looked, and looked, and stared, and crossed my eyes, and looked again...and that snow face picture is still 3D to me. I can't get it to indent!!! ITS FREAKIN ME OUT!!!!

laura said...

seriously, we had so much fun with you guys! we're definitely going to have to do it again!

Anonymous said...

Word of the day:

Hysterosalpingography Balloon

Natalie said...

That's a really cool picture. You should send it in to the newspaper or something.

I love the image of Parker surrounded by all the female stuff. He looks like he's tickled pink with all the feminine attention. Just as long as he's not tickled TOO pink.

Holly Strong said...

that snow picture is awesome!!! We had so much fun. I can't believe we started a fire in the oven...oh my!!!!!!

Susan said...

I think the snow picture looks 3-D, too. It looks like somebody made a sculpture of his face.

Anonymous said...

I was looking at Parker's face plant in the snow, and all of a sudden, his nose, chin, lips and cheeks all indented. Then I had a hard time making them be 3D again. That is a freaky picture. Good job Parker. Do it again.
Grandpa C.

Sarah said...

Caleb and I are both sitting here freaked out by the snow picture....can't look away1

cathy said...

You should have a "snow" family portrait!

Kristi said...

You crack me up! That snow picture is amazing. It looks like he's popping out but I've never been a good one at those 3D picture things.

Love your keeping it real post as well. GLad I'm not alone.

Unknown said...

Glad you're feeling better for the most part! That's one awesome face indentation!!!

Anonymous said...

parkers face is the background on one computer at work and cameron tugging on his hat is on the other!! makes it hard to keep my schedule up and not the boys!!