Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Did You Ever....

Did you ever put crepe paper on your tongue as a child?

I did. Every chance I got. Why? Well, first of all it turned my tongue whatever color the paper was. Totally cool! Secondly, it tasted gross. Not gross, as in "ewww, sick". We are talking "SSSSIIIICCCKKKKK! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" gross. Not totally sure why, but that was reason enough to keep trying it every time I was working with crepe paper. It was as if I thought "If I try it this time, maybe it won't be gross anymore". However, time and time again, it was still gross.

Last night I was helping Carson make a Valentines Day Box for a party at school tomorrow. We had some pink crepe paper that he used. I was getting bored and thought "Hey, I wonder if Crepe paper is still gross?" So, I had to try it. Really, there was no way around it!

I put a little piece on my tongue and lots and lots of childhood memories came flooding back. Yep, still gross.

Next logical step? You guessed it. "Hey Parker! C'mere".


He hated is just as much as I did. He said it tasted "hot and spicy". Whatebs.

Part of me wants to know why over all these years, they can't make crepe paper taste better.

Then the logical side steps in. Oh wait, you aren't SUPPOSED to taste it? Huh. Wish somebody told me that when I was 5.

6 comments:

Toni said...

bwahahahahah! Carrie, that is ridiculously funny! I am going to market your idea. Edible crepe paper. Genius!

Natalie said...

Oh man, that is way too funny! "Hmmm, I wonder if it still hurts if I bang my head against this wall. . . . YUP!" It's important to make the most out of those boring "make a valentine box" moments. Glad you had some fun with it.

Carl and Pat said...

Results of curiosity can be either be positive or, well, yucky. Who would have ever thought you could do a whole blog on tasting crepe paper...only Carrie! Love it.

Ambyr said...

They should flavor it just for people like you!!! They could match the flavors with the colors but then I think that people might actually eat it. It think it's funny that you make your kid do it when you already know it's gross. Poor Parker!!!! You make me laugh. :)

fern said...

i can totally relate to the look on parkers face!!

Sam said...

According to Russ, the definition of insanity it doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I looked it up and that sounds about right

nestisti