Sunday, February 07, 2010

Playlist & Go Colts....Maybe Next Year?

Sam has completed my playlist from my previous post. It's been lots of fun listening to these songs for the past few days. I probably should clarify something real quick: For me, this playlist is awesome because it represents a very fun time in my life. My experiences in college have so much to do with who I am today. I still keep in contact with a lot of the friends I made at that time and we had a great balance between being serious and having fun (with emphasis on the fun).

So, if you hate these songs, just keep that to yourself! ha ha!

'Sometimes' by Erasure
'If You Leave' by O.M.D.
'Head Over Heels' by Tears for Fears
'Getting Away With It' by Electronic
'Don't You (Forget About Me)' by Simple Minds
'Particle Man' by They Might Be Giants
'Just Like Heaven' by The Cure
'Old Red Eyes is Back' by Beautiful South
'Stand' by REM
'Pandora's Box' by O.M.D.
'Mr. Tambourine Man' by The Byrds
'Letterbox' by They Might Be Giants
'Regret' by New Order
'Girlfriend in a Coma' by The Smiths
'Chorus' by Erasure
'Sunnyside of the Street' by The Pogues
'We Close Our Eyes' by Oingo Boingo
'Jubilation' by Anything Box
'Sunday Morning' by O.M.D.
'Growing Old' by The Origin
'Situation' by Yaz
'Pure' by Lightning Seeds
'Friday I'm in Love' by The Cure
'Dead' by They Might Be Giants
'Minimum Wage' by They Might Be Giants

Trust me, find these songs, listen to them, and I think you'll thank me! :)

Other news...
I'm not a football fan, but I do like the Colts. My brother lives in Indiana so he has converted all of us. We had high hopes tonight....ah well....

6 comments:

fern said...

the only song i knew was particle man-- i guess that was my 'country years' .... guess you are going to have to hook me up so i can listen to them! we were rooting for the colts too-- becouse your brother lives in indiana!!

Natalie said...

Oh, that's a sweet mix tape. I just had flashbacks of amazing high school and college years. I'm with you - my college memories helped shape who I am in a major way. I loved those years!!

Darren Clark said...

I'm glad to see the Pogues made the list.

I was cheering for the Colts too, but I'm glad the Saints won. New Orleans is so excited.

Sam said...

My college years were full of all night papers, diaper changes, and running kids to West Valley and back every day. I did love living downtown. The school part of college I could have done without.

Good mix though, I'm glad The Cure made it on there twice!

Pulle

fern said...

you know the best part of your college days was the part where you got to see me 2 x's a day!!

Rose said...

I'm with Fern, except, I don't think I recognize ANY of those songs!