Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

I had a most excellent Valentine's Day! Friday night Sam and I went to dinner and then saw the movie 'Valentines Day'. It was so nice to have a chance to be together without hearing the word "mom" once! The movie was pretty good with a feel good ending. Nothing AMAZING, but a fun movie to see while celebrating Valentines Day.

On Saturday, we took advantage of the holiday weekend sales to purchase some fun stools for our kitchen. No more high chair attached to the counter! Yay!


Sunday morning I woke up to the best surprises EVER!

We had Stake Conference at 10am and so I was a bit groggy because I was trying to get up really early to get ready before chaos ensued. I'm blind as a bat in the morning, so the first thing I did was put in the ol' contacts. Once the miracle of sight occurred, I noticed a bright orange bag in the hallway. Since orange is my favorite color, I knew the bag was meant for me. I opened it, and inside I found...three, ahem, B-R-A-S! Oh man, I was laughing so hard! The thought of Sam shopping for bras, with my children, cracked me up!!! Later that morning I asked Carson if that was embarrassing. He said "YES". I asked Parker and he looked at me like I was an idiot and said "Nope" and shrugged his shoulders. Sorry no pictures, I do have SOME pride.

Let me back up: I hate bra shopping. I'm always complaining about it and so as a JOKE, I said to Sam "you should buy me bras for Valentines Day!". I never thought he'd actually do it. I should know better than to give him a challenge. Hysterical! My laughter woke him up and he said "did you look in the kitchen?".

I walked in the kitchen to a fun scene:
There was a boquet of flowers on the counter, with crepe paper attached to a padlock. I didn't get a good picture, but the crepe paper was strung all over the kitchen, it was a trail!


The beginning of the trail:
You are the key to my lock


Then the trail went to the cupboard: You are the marshmallows to my hot chocolate


To the stove: You are the salt to my pepper


To another cupboard: You are the peanut butter to my jelly


Into the fridge: You are the cheese to my macaroni


Still in the fridge: You are the butter...


To the top of the fridge: To my bread


And lastly, back to the fridge: You are the milk to my cookies


Isn't that fabulous! What a creative soul! Seriously, best Valentines Day ever. We celebrated the whole weekend, we had Stake Conference on Sunday which means my hubby got to sit with the family, and I even had a Sunday nap! It's a beautiful thing. I love you Sam-I-Am!

11 comments:

fern said...

that was great! carson told us how embarrassed he was-though, he doesn't mind that you buy, wash or fold his underwear-- cuz he is never around when you do it!! your boys crack me up!!

laura said...

very sweet! isn't it nice when the husbands make an effort? and i love that he went bra shopping for you! good job sam!

fern said...

p.s. i Luvaluva love the chairs!

Susan said...

Very very creative, Sam! We went and saw the same movie for our valentine's date.

Ambyr said...

THat is soooo freakin cute. Way to go Sam. He's one in a million. You should give him crap because I have't purchased a bra since I got married. Nathan has always bought them for me. I don't know why but I just let him do it. :)

Natalie said...

Sam makes lots of other guys look bad. That is so funny he bought you bras! But now that I think of it, if he purchased them at Vicky's, I'm sure he didn't the shopping experience too much.

I, too, had a great valentines weekend. Here's to amazing husbands!!

DJ and Gin Family said...

That's awesome! When we were teens, Laurel and I knew that if the bra cup fit on our head just right, it would fit our Mom (that was pre boob reduction) I'm not sure how we discovered that one...

Thomas said...

That is very creative. Could you ask Sam if he will come do my bra shopping too. Bras are the enemy. Hate it. hee hee

Rose said...

That Sam! Kudos to you little brother! So good to see I raised you right! hehe

Lizzie Fizzie said...

lol that's weird he bought you bra's. . altho i'm unmarried and picky about bra's. But i love the flowers and love trail!

cathy said...

Hey, I showed my running bra! Wusses!
But seriously, Sam went bra shopping? Nice he can get in touch with his feminine side. Next time he goes out, could he pick me up some maxipads?