Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend Recap

On Friday night Carson had a sleep over with a friend so we decided to take the other kids and do something fun since Parker gets pretty jealous when Carson gets to do things that he doesn't.

We headed over to Hollywood Connection, along with the West Side Tween population. It was a blast! :)

Cameron LOVED the Merry Go Round, it was pretty crazy trying to get him off that ride! He kept slapping his horse's behind and saying "Giddyup!"


However, Parker was the surprise of the night. He had no fear whatsoever! He jumped on the bumper cars and slammed into as many teenagers as he could find! When he was waiting in line some giggly girls ahead of him were flexing their biceps and they were all exclaiming how strong they were. Parker reached up and gave one girl's arm a squeeze to feel her muscles! The girls were super sweet and said "Let's feel your muscle!" so Parker flexed. So funny!

The ride operator started the ride and then immediately stopped it because Parker wasn't strapped in. He walked over, got Parker situated, and as he was walking away Parker yelled at the top of his lungs "Yah Baby!!". What a ham!



Sam and I rode the little roller coaster. Nice shots Sam!



A big thanks to my parents for coming with us because they helped a ton with Cameron! It was great!

How do you know when your kids had fun and wore themselves out?


Oh yeah, quick story about Carson:
As he came home from school on Friday afternoon he told me that the crossing guard had yelled at his friend, which made his friend cry and run home. Carson said "So I walked with Anna and we had a long conversation about why old people can be so mean sometimes. Guess what we finally figured out? We figure that old people are jealous of us kids because we have more energy!".

Nice.

On Saturday night our ward had a Talent/No Talent Show. It was very well attended and was so much fun!
Carson participated in a Rock Band lip syncing number.


They did so good! Their lead singer really got into it! Probably my favorite picture from the night! His shirt says "Awesome ends with me" ha ha!


They even had their own fan who came and danced in front of them for a good part of the song, seriously hysterical!


During this number, we also had a side-show. If any of you have been around Cameron much over the last month, you'll know he's developed a really bizarre quirk. When he doesn't want people to notice him, or if he's playing the "pity card", he'll just completely freeze. I don't know how else to describe it. He stands perfectly still and won't move a muscle. Sometimes he does it for one minute, sometimes a lot longer. He had spilled his water and while Sam was cleaning it up, Cameron went into freeze-mode. I didn't notice for a long time because I was taking pictures of Carson's group on stage. Finally my friend directed my attention to Cameron. This is how he was standing:


My friend's husband even put his daughter on her back, and slid her under Cameron so she was staring up at Cameron from the floor. Cameron didn't even crack a smile or blink his eyes. I think a few people got a little chuckle out of it. Pretty soon he started swaying like he was going to fall asleep in the freeze position. My mom couldn't take it any longer, she gave him the pity he was looking for and picked him up and he did fall asleep a few minutes later. Crazy kid!

Sam ended the night with a juggling routine. It was quite impressive, I don't think he's juggled that much since he was in the juggling club in his High School.


Tonight we had our monthly "cousins dinner" and my cousin's wife announced she was pregnant. I'm pretty dang excited because that makes 6 (if my calculations are right) of my family members having babies in 2010! This is going to be a wild year!!! Baby Boom year for sure, I can hardly wait to meet all the newest family members!

5 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

Nice update. I love what Carson said about teh old people. That rules! Your kids need to come entertain me. I need some cheering up latley haha

Ginger said...

Haha, nice post. I think Carson has a point! Great shots on the roller coaster.

Ambyr said...

I'm in love with your boys! They are so much fun. I sooooo miss living next door. The talent show looks hilarious, we were going to come but had the chance to go on a date without the kids so we ran at that instead. I'm bummed we miss all the fun though!!! Great pics.

Unknown said...

Great pics from talent night! That was such a fun activity! We totally loved the rock band too - that will be Zach & Danny some day! Jarom has electric and acoustic guitars & our boys love to "Jam" with daddy...not sure how much our neighbors love it. ha,ha
Fun stuff!

Sarah said...

Ummmmm....excuse me!!Which cousin's wife is pregnant.??? I swear no one in the family ever tells me anything...LOL
Also, I can't speak for other old people but I think Carson is right now that I think of it!!! I am grouchy because I am jealous of all their energy!! Such wisdom in one so young (and now I'm jealous of that, too...)