Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What The...??

The other day I was feeding the three stooges breakfast. Carson did something that irritated and confused me at the same time. I said "WHAT THE..." and trailed off as I started cleaning up a mess. Without missing a beat, Cameron said "HECK!"

Oh man. I laughed. In fact, I laughed so hard I woke Sam up. Of course, when you laugh at something a child says, they like to repeat it over and over again. So, if you'd like to test this theory, walk up to Cameron and say "WHAT THE!" and see what happens.

However, my post is not about kids. It's about hair.

I'm having some hair trauma recently. "Recently" being a relative term of course....my hair started turning gray in my early teens. Speaking of relatives...I have them to thank for this phenomenon. I honestly never minded the gray. I don't know any different.

Well, for the past few months, my gray hair is winning our little battle of wills. It's just a huge fuzzy frizzy gray mess. I'm getting pretty tired of it. You should see how much crap I put in my hair to control it and it still looks like a rats nest.

I'm getting my haircut tomorrow night so I thought I'd do a little Google search to see what kind of gray hairstyles I might find for young (again, relative) woman.

Let's just say I was a little offended!

Here's one of the first results:


This was right next to the first picture:


How about this beauty? Are people with gray hair considered to be a dog??


Maybe I should just keep coloring one side of my head and go with a Cruella Deville look?


Of course, if my hair wasn't so curly, I could be glamorous like Emmy Lou Harris, but alas, "sheek" is most definitely NOT in my hair vocabulary!


I've come up with nothing. Any suggestions are completely welcome. Just remember, I have naturally curly/frizzy hair. I have a lot of it. It's gray and grows so fast I can hardly keep up with getting it colored. I'm a mother of three without my own bathroom, blaspheme. Shaving it is NOT an option...I can barely keep up with shaving my legs! ha ha!

8 comments:

Becky said...

First, you are the only young gal I know that can pull off the early gray look. Second, I think it's because of your curls! And whatever product you're using is golden because your hair never looks frizzy or fuzzy.

So long or short, your hair always looks cute.

Don't you just wish we could all have missionary cuts? IT would cut down on so much time. Time spent styling our hair, time spent worrying about what to do to our hair, and time spent hating our hair too!

Incidentally, I decided to grow my hair out and now I have the same hair I had in high school. I'm 34 years old and I have 1992 hair. And, NO, it doesn't work for me.

fern said...

go the cruella look-- then you can start collecting dalmations!!

Sam said...

You should post a picture of what it looked like when it was long, then grow it out like that again! There's nothing you can do about the gray besides keep coloring it. You can let it go when you hit 50.

Ambyr said...

Let it grow and invest in a really great Flat Iron and an even better Bore Bristle round brush!!! I love your hair the way that you have it so I think you should keep it but there's my suggestion if you really do want to change it!

Natalie said...

Just let it go naturally frizzy. I wonder how big it would poof. . .

Sorry, no real suggestions. I'm not a hair girl.

DJ and Gin Family said...

I'm considering wigs for myself. Just shave my hair off every month and pop on a wig in the morning. My Mom gets wig catalogs in the mail, if you're interested (she's obsessed with wigs and would wear them all of the time if my Dad would let her... crazy)

B/T Frank said...

Grow it out then you can do the pony tail look and the other updo's! That's what I have resorted to and when I wore my hair down a few weeks ago Hunter told me I looked weird!
If you don't want to grow it out then go really short so that there isn't a lot of hair to work with. Like a short Hailey Berry do.
And gray is for the birds! I have so much gray (from my mom and her family, go figure!) That my hair gets colored every 2 months.. soon I'll be my mom doing it every 2 1/2weeks! AHHHH

cathy said...

I personally like "what the... crud". that reminds me of my brothers.
As for the hair, I'm going to go against the grain and say go short. Sure, you have to get it cut more often, but you could also get color touchups while you're at it. Or grow it long. Just don't wear a bun. Seriously.